WHAT'S DIFFERENT ABOUT A TECHNOLOGY CAREER AT IMC?
At IMC, technology is not a department; it's at the heart of everything we do. Since the late 1980s, we've pioneered the use of technology to advance the development of market making and low-latency trading. Today, our technologists work alongside IMC traders in multidisciplinary teams to push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
YOUR JOURNEY AS A GRADUATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Your IMC journey begins with a seven-week global trading traineeship led by our seasoned traders and technologist, during which you’ll link up with graduates from all three IMC regions. You’ll then continue your training in your local office for a further two months, working alongside a seasoned software engineer. What happens next is up to you – you could find yourself working on software, hardware, advanced networks, algorithms or anything in between. We’ll help you to find your own niche as you use your creativity to problem-solve and spot new opportunities.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As a graduate software engineer at IMC, you will
- Develop cutting-edge technology in software, hardware, advanced networks and algorithms
- Support the development of our trading platform and software stack
- Gain experience across the entire software development lifecycle
- Work closely with traders, quants and engineers to improve our systems
REASONS WHY THIS IS YOUR FUTURE JOB
- You want to combine agile software development with continuous integration and daily releases
- You value frequent peer code reviews
- You’re seeking a collaborative culture with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- You want to make a real impact, working on meaningful projects from day one
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Academic background in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to solve complicated problems programmatically
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Proficient experience in a programming language (Java or C++ preferred)
- Genuine interest in financial markets, though no prior knowledge or experience is required
READY TO APPLY?
Our hiring process, including tips on applying and interviewing with IMC, is described on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start your journey with IMC.
IMC: JOIN THE LEADER IN GLOBAL MARKET MAKING
IMC is a leading global market maker with offices in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific. We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fast-evolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today. Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun – whether solving complex challenges or taking part in team-building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a better society through our foundation.