Our mission is:
- to educate students capable of carrying out the technological and social development of Croatia through education and research in the field of electrical engineering, computing and information and communication technology, using scientific background from applied mathematics and applied physics;
- to create new knowledge by internationally acknowledged research and by development of new interdisciplinary areas;
- to innovatively develop the economy and public services, hence contributing to the overall development of the society;
- to be an institution of high academic values and ethical principles, a site of critical thinking and questioning, and of equality for all its members;
- to be a driving force in the Croatian society
In fulfilling the mission of FER, we rely on our core values that we continue to develop: we are the leading national and regional higher education and research institution with outstanding staff and students, closely connected with the economy, remarkably organised and internationally recognised.
As Croatia’s leading academic and research institution in the field of electrical engineering, computing, and information and communication technology, FER wants to be integrated and competitive in European higher education and research area; it wants to create new forms of knowledge transfer to the economy and to prompt economic and social activities of Croatia.