Approach to quality assurance at the Faculty is based on self-evaluation and student surveys, as well as internal and external evaluations. Approach to quality assurance at the Faculty is based on self-evaluation and student surveys, as well as internal and external evaluations. The Faculty considers quality assurance to be an ongoing process, which is integrated into the usual educational and scientific activities.
The aim of quality assurance is to build mechanisms for the promotion of quality and for achieving the highest levels of quality in education, scientific research and innovation activities, and professional and administrative activities at the Faculty.
The Faculty body responsible for quality is Committee for Quality Management. The Committee in its work cooperates with the Committee for Quality Management of the University of Zagreb, Office for Quality Management of the University of Zagreb, Agency for Science and Higher Education, and with the internal and external stakeholders of the quality assurance system at the Faculty .
The Committee carries out ongoing activities related to:
- student surveys in the middle and at the end of the semester in which students express their opinion about teaching and teachers;
- internal evaluation once every three years in which professors evaluate their colleagues;
- yearly course reports with an analysis of student surveys and improvements for the next academic year.
Over the years, the Faculty has carried out several internal and external evaluations of quality assurance system (2010 - 2012, 2014, 2016), reaccreditation of doctoral studies (2016) as well as reaccreditation of the Faculty (2012). International accreditation agency ASIIN accredited all of our studies in 2007 for a period of 5 years, and those studies have later been reaccredited until 2018.
- initiates additional surveys for students and professors
- carries out analysis
- proposes changes and improvements to processes