When Technical Faculty moved to Savska cesta 16 in 1959, the Department had at its disposal a total of 5 rooms. This increased the quality of education and scientific activities. Finally, in 1963, the Department of Electroacoustics moved to 10th floor of the new C-building of Faculty of Electrical Engineering, which facilitated the development of the Department.
The founder and a longstanding head of the Department was professor Tihomir Jelaković, Ph.D. After his death in 1978, his colleagues, professor Miroslav Gregurić, Ph.D., professor Ivan Jelenčić, Ph.D. and professor Branko Somek, Ph.D., continued with his work and ideas. Professors Jelenčić and Somek rotated as heads of the Department until retirement.
The Department staff follows the general development of knowledge and technology, and in the past two decades they have been working hard on bringing the Department accomplishments closer to international standards. The Department has established cooperation with similar universities abroad, it supports professional associations and works on professional and scientific projects. One of the most important ideas is interdisciplinarity, so the Department members participate in the work in the fields of medicine, ecology and professional development. Members of the Department are in the governing bodies of national and international professional organizations (AES, HAD, EAA, AAAA). Due to the wide scope of application of acoustics and electroacoustics, there is a relatively large interest of young people in acquiring necessary knowledge and in participation in scientific and professional work.