Electromechanical Energy Conversion
The structure of the system and the basic laws of electromechanical energy conversion. The general theory of electrical machines. The principle of operation, main parts, types and external characteristics of DC machines. The basic theory of AC electrical machines. Rotating magnetic field, windings, induced voltage. The principle of operation, structure, equivalent circuit, no-load condition, locked rotor condition, torque characteristics of an induction machine.
- Describe the operating principle of rotating electrical machines
- Derive basic mathematical equation according to general theory of electrical machines
- Apply the general model of electrical machine for various types of machines
- Analyze steady state operating conditions of various types of electrical machines
- Relate classical theory of electromagnetic fields to operating principle of electrical machines
Forms of Teaching
Lectures take place in two cycles: the first 7 weeks at 3 hours and another 6 weeks, 3 hours per week.Exercises
solving numerical examples related to the content of the lecturesSeminars
Laboratory exercises consist of three exercises, each lasting for 5 hours.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||50 %||15 %||50 %||15 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||40 %||30 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||40 %||30 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||25 %|
|Exam: Written||50 %||50 %|
|Exam: Oral||35 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Magnetic circuits and magnetic materials
- Fundamentals of electromechanical energy conversion
- Fundamentals of electrical machines
- DC machine operating principle
- Steady-state model od DC machine
- DC machine speed control
- DC machine in electric drive
- Midterm exam
- Operating principles of AC machines. Rotating magnetic field.
- Induction motor construction and equivalent circuit.
- Analysis of induction motor equivalent circuit.
- No-load and short circuit test.
- Induction motor starting and speed control.
- Induction machine in a variable speed drive.
- Final exam
University undergraduate(5. semester)
[FER2-HR] Control Engineering and Automation - module(5. semester)
R.Wolf (1995.), Osnove električnih strojeva, Školska knjiga, Zagreb
Stephen Umans, A Fitzgerald, Charles Kingsley (2013.), Electric Machinery, McGraw-Hill Higher Education
Stephen J. Chapman (2012.), Electric Machinery Fundamentals, McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing
L0 English Level
15 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory
75 Very Good