Laboratory of Electrical Engineering Systems and Technology 1
Deepening the understanding of basic principles and theoretical foundations of operation of electrical machines, power electronics and electric drives considering the solution of engineering problems in plants. The ability to design, simulate and experimentally test various electrical systems. Experimental research in the development of electrical systems.
- apply the acquired knowledge for modeling and simulation of power converters, as well as measurements on power converters.
- analyze the operation of power converters using simulation results and measurements.
- discuss transformer and electrical motors parameters based on testing
- analyze transformers and electrical motors characteristics get by measurement
- apply vector control on induction machine and BLDC machine
- design control system for electromechanical system with elastic coupling
Forms of Teaching
In 3 cycles.Laboratory Work
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||0 %||30 %||0 %||30 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||20 %||0 %|
|2. Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||20 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||20 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||10 %|
|Exam: Oral||40 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Modeling and simulation of power electronic converters. Working with commercial simulators of power converters. Selected examples.
- Measurements on the electronic converters. Transfer and processing of measurement results. Measurement software.
- Rectifiers and phase controled rectifiers. Modeling, simulation and measurement. Converter influence on the grid and load. Analysis of measurement results.
- DCDC converters and inverters. Modeling, simulation and measurement. Converter influence on the grid and load. Analysis of measurement results.
- Identification of parameters and dynamic characteristics of a three-phase transformer
- Simulation and experimental determination of dynamic characteristics of an actuator
- Recording of dynamic characteristics of a three-phase induction machine
- Midterm exam
- Identification of parameters and dynamic characteristics of a synchronous machine by means of experiment and simulation
- Application of an industrial frequency converter for induction machine control.
- Application of an industrial frequency converter for control of permanent magnet synchronous machine
- Application of symmetrical and magnitude optimum in control of electromechanical systems.
- Application of double ratio and magnitude optimum in control of electromechanical system with elastic couipling.
- Application of polynomial (RST) control on electromechanical systems with elastic coupling.
- Final exam