- Define basic concepts related to IP mobile communications.
- Compare wireless networks and technologies.
- Discuss the application of Internet Protocol (IP) in mobile networks.
- Define fourth and fifth generation IP mobile networks.
- Compare data transmission in 4G and 5G mobile systems.
- Design quality of service (QoS) in a mobile environment.
- Analyze the characteristics of encoding and transmission of video signals in IP mobile networks.
- Analyze the adaption of system for the distribution of multimedia content.
Forms of Teaching
Lectures are conducted using PPT-presentations. Lectures are available in electronic form on the course website.Exercises
Laboratory exercises are planned during the course, which include preparation, practical and experimental work. At the end of each laboratory exercise, the understanding of the material covered in each exercise is checked.
Week by Week Schedule
- Overview of wireless networks and technologies.
- Data transmission in 4G and 5G networks.
- Application of Internet Protocol (IP) in mobile networks. Requirements, problems, standardization.
- Wireless IP, features, modeling and management.
- Fourth generation IP mobile networks. 4G network architecture. Mobile IPv6.
- Fifth generation IP mobile networks. 5G network architecture.
- Internet of Things (IoT) in 5G mobile networks.
- Midterm exam.
- Types of errors in the wireless channel. Quality of service in a mobile environment.
- Communication between WLAN and mobile network. System architecture. Interconnection capabilities.
- IP mobile networks services. Availability management, multimedia messaging, location-based services, mobile office, mobile commerce.
- Examples of video communication services. Network devices for mobile Internet access.
- Video signal encoding and transmission in IP mobile networks. Adaptation of compression algorithms to the features of mobile systems.
- Adaptation of mobile systems for multimedia content distribution. Video signal transcoding.
- Final exam.