Low Voltage Networks and Microgrids
- Explain and apply the basic concepts of low voltage networks
- Explain the principles of microgrids
- Analyze the voltage conditions in the low voltage network
- Analyze the current situation in the low voltage network
- Analyze low-voltage networks protection settings
Forms of Teaching
Week by Week Schedule
- Introduction to AC and DC microgrids.
- Microgrids investment models; Off-grid operation and control of microgrids.
- Coordinated operation of microgrids and the power system; Modeling of the microgrid elements; Hyerarchial control of microgrids.
- Environmental benefits of microgrids; Microgrid as an ancillary service provider.
- Storage system operation in microgrids.
- Low voltage protection devices; Protection coordination; Protection in activelow voltage grids.
- Electric installations design; Load types, Load operation and control; Installations network protection.
- Midterm exam.
- Asymetries from electric installation connection; Demand response programs; Shedding load, coordinating consumption, load inertia.
- Infrastructure requirements for demand response; Pricing demand response; Impact of demand response of the power system; Electric Vehicles as flexible load.
- Connection to the MV utility distribution network; Connection to the LV utility distribution network; MV and LV architecture selection guide.
- LV distribution; Characteristcs of particular sources and loads; Residental and other special locations electrical installations; Designing of LV electrical installation (ABB DOC).
- Sizing and protection electrical equipment (ABB DOC); Selection of LV switchgear (ABB DOC); Economic evaluation od electrical design (ABB DOC).
- Sizing and protection of conductors; LV switchgear: functions and selection; Protection against voltage srges in LV; Protection against electric shocks.
- Final exam.
Computing (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Electrical Power Engineering (module)Elective Courses (6. semester)
(.), Electric Power Substations Engineering; J.D. McDonald; CRC Press; 2001,
(.), Electrical installation guide According to IEC International Standards; Merlin Gerin, Schneider Electric; (on-line); 2007; ISBN: -,
(.), Električne instalacije i niskonaponske mreže; Vjekoslav Srb; Tehnička knjiga; 1989; ISBN: 86-7059-108-1,
L3 English Level
0 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory