Quality Management R
The course gives a good understanding about the standards in everyday life, technical systems and quality management systems. The students will have basic knowledge about the harmonization of the laws and technical regulations. By analyzing the principles of quality management and the methods of testing of the established systems, the students will be able and will have practical skills to establish such systems to ensure the quality of products, whether they are goods or services.
- Understand the term quality
- Understand the standardization and the need for standardization
- To apply the quality management in projects
- to discriminate external from internal audit
- to discrimiate accreditation from certification
- to understand the need for CE sign
Forms of Teaching
Lectures using powerpoint presentationsExams
Mid-term exam and final exam.Consultations
Additional explanations to students.Seminars
Independent work on the default theme.Other
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Quizzes||0 %||10 %||0 %||0 %|
|Seminar/Project||0 %||10 %||0 %||0 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||30 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||50 %||50 %|
|Exam: Written||50 %||50 %|
|Exam: Oral||50 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Introduction. Technology development and demonstration of quality.
- Principles of modern business determined by globalisation and regional alliances. Quality management.
- Technical quality infrastructure.
- Standards and necessity of standardisation. International standardisation organizations.
- Recommendations, regulations, and laws. European directives. Croatian standards. CE mark.
- Standards ISO 9000 and 14000.
- Quality management. Control, planning and maintenance of the quality system. Quality manual – basic document.
- Mid-term exam.
- Accreditation of laboratory and certification of products.
- Total quality management (TQM).
- EFQM, MB and other models for quality management.
- Statistical methods in quality management.
- Quality assurance for software.
- Quality assurance in high education.
- Final exam.