- Define terms: data, information, knowledge and wisdom.
- Show relationships in pyramid of wisdom.
- Distinguish tacit and explicit knowledge.
- Apply knowledge spiral in SECI model.
- Show steps in useful knowledge production.
- Apply peer assist.
- Produce and use intellectual capital of individuals or organization.
- Apply knowledge management in human resourse development.
- Apply knowledge management in practice.
Forms of Teaching
Lectures with exercises and presentations in 2 cycles of 7 and 6 weeks.Seminars and workshops
Non mandatory seminarExercises
Exercises, practical applicationPartial e-learning
Questions and answers after seminar presentationsIndependent assignments
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Class participation||0 %||5 %||0 %||5 %|
|Seminar/Project||0 %||25 %||0 %||25 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||35 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||35 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||70 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Definition of data, information, knowledge, wisdom, Wisdom pyramid
- Tacit and explicit knowledge
- SECI model
- Useful knowledge production
- Knowledge life cycle and application
- Key elements of knowledge management: people, processes, technology , Knowledge management environment, Knowledge management activities
- Knowledge management and strategy
- Midterm exam
- Intellectual capital
- Knowledge management and organizational culture
- Knowledge management and human resource development
- Knowledge loss risk management
- Peer assist
- Knowledge management assessment
- Final exam
Computing (study)Transversal Courses (5. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Transversal Courses (5. semester)
Sanda Pleslić (2018.), Uvod u upravljanje znanjem (elektronička skripta), FER
J. M. Firestone, M. W. McElroy (2003.), Key issues in the new knowledge management, KMCI Press: Butterworth-Heinemann, USA
C. Collison, G. Parcell (2005.), Learning to Fly: Practical Knowledge Management from Leading and Learning Organizations, Capstone Publishing, UK
R. Sanchez (2003.), Knowledge Management and Organizational Competence, Oxford University Press
J. J. Stapleton (2003.), Executive's Guide to Knowledge Management: The Last Competitive Advantage, John Wiley and Sons
L3 English Level
0 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory
70 Very Good