Engineering Economics 2
- Explain the concepts related to the market.
- Identify impacts of the state on the functioning of competitive market.
- Identify problems of regulation.
- Recognize the impact of industry on the environment.
- Identify the different instruments that are offered in the financial markets.
- Calculate basic measures related to various financial instruments.
- Explain the basic concepts of macroeconomics.
- Identify phases of business cycles.
- Explain the functioning of the basic macroeconomic policies
Forms of Teaching
Week by Week Schedule
- Relevant market, The market power and its abuse, Regulation of the market with full competition
- Price Regulation, The liberalization and deregulation of industry, Antitrust Laws and Their Interpretation, Antitrust and Competitiveness in a Global Economy
- Regulation: Protecting People from the Market, The political and legislative cycle regulation of industry in the European Union, Practical aspects of Industry Regulation
- The social cost of pollution, Maximizing the Net Benefits of Pollution, Alternatives in Pollution Control, The European Union policy related to pollution
- Basic definitions and terms, Financing of company activities, The main instruments of borrowing on capital markets
- Sheres, bonds, loans, Derivative products, Fund types, Funds and pensions
- Analysis of financial markets, Primary and secondary markets, Credit rating companies, Financial markets regulation and standards
- Midterm exam
- Macroeconomics definition, Basic terms: GDP, inflation, unemployment, Objectives of macroeconomic policy, The impact of basic indicators on business, its performance, and expectations
- Definition, Calculaton methods, GDP per capita - analysis, Potential GDP
- Definition, Periods and points in Business Cycle, Changes in Key Macroeconomic Indicators Throughout the Business Cycle, Unemployment types and businness cycle, The impact of unemployment on the situation in the industry
- Historical view, Fiscal policy
- Monetary policy, IS-IL model
- Impact of changes in technology
- Final exam
Computing (study)Transversal Courses (4. semester) (6. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Transversal Courses (4. semester) (6. semester)
(.), Inženjerska ekonomika 1 - nastavni materijali,
(.), Dubravko Sabolić: UVOD U MIKROEKONOMIKU – odabrane teme,
(.), Economics of Regulation and Antitrust, Fourth Edition By W. Kip Viscusi, John M. Vernon and Joseph E. Harrington,
(.), Makroekonomija by Blanchard, Oliver; Gjidara, Mirta.,
L3 English Level
0 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory