Engineering Economics 2
- Explain the concepts related to the market.
- Identify impacts of the state on the functioning of competitive market.
- Identify problems of regulation.
- Recognize the impact of industry on the environment.
- Identify the different instruments that are offered in the financial markets.
- Calculate basic measures related to various financial instruments.
- Explain the basic concepts of macroeconomics.
- Identify phases of business cycles.
- Explain the functioning of the basic macroeconomic policies
Forms of Teaching
Lectures are designed as 13 thematic units that are logically continue each other. Following the lectures, students are introduced to the problems of the basics of economics, markets and market participants, making business decisions, and business risks.Partial e-learning
Using the Moodle eLearning system, compulsory reading and supplementary reading literature, video clips, solved computational and self-test tasks are made available.Independent assignments
Using the Moodle eLearning system, students have at their disposal solved computational tasks and tasks to test their own knowledge.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Homeworks||0 %||20 %||0 %||20 %|
|Class participation||0 %||10 %||0 %||10 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||30 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||40 %|
|Exam: Written||50 %||30 %|
|Exam: Oral||40 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Relevant market, The market power and its abuse, Regulation of the market with full competition
- Price Regulation, The liberalization and deregulation of industry, Antitrust Laws and Their Interpretation, Antitrust and Competitiveness in a Global Economy
- Regulation: Protecting People from the Market, The political and legislative cycle regulation of industry in the European Union, Practical aspects of Industry Regulation
- The social cost of pollution, Maximizing the Net Benefits of Pollution, Alternatives in Pollution Control, The European Union policy related to pollution
- Basic definitions and terms, Financing of company activities, The main instruments of borrowing on capital markets
- Sheres, bonds, loans, Derivative products, Fund types, Funds and pensions
- Analysis of financial markets, Primary and secondary markets, Credit rating companies, Financial markets regulation and standards
- Midterm exam
- Macroeconomics definition, Basic terms: GDP, inflation, unemployment, Objectives of macroeconomic policy, The impact of basic indicators on business, its performance, and expectations
- Definition, Calculaton methods, GDP per capita - analysis, Potential GDP
- Definition, Periods and points in Business Cycle, Changes in Key Macroeconomic Indicators Throughout the Business Cycle, Unemployment types and businness cycle, The impact of unemployment on the situation in the industry
- Historical view, Fiscal policy
- Monetary policy, IS-IL model
- Impact of changes in technology
- Final exam