Electromechanical and Electrical Conversion
The possibilities and means of application of various types of electrical machines, transformers and power electronic converters are introduced. The students will acquire knowledge on overall electromechanical and electrical energy conversion system in the process of production, transfer, distribution and consumption.
- describe the principle of rotating machinery and the basic topology of the electronic converters učinskih
- list the basic types of electric machines and electronic power conversion
- explain the basic models of transformers, rotating machines and power semiconductor devices
- distinguish different control methods and modulation techniques of electronic power converters and synchronous generator excitation powering types
- use the vector-phasor diagram in the analysis of synchronous machine
- combine electronic power converter to the other system components for the electromechanical conversion, connect different tools (P-Q and vector-phasor diagrams) in synchronous generator operation principle clarification
Forms of Teaching
Lectures take place in two cycles: the first 7 weeks at 3 hours and another 6 weeks, 3 hours per week.Exams
Exercises are held in the first cycle 3 times for 2 hours and in the second cycle, 2 times for 2 hours.Laboratory Work
Laboratory exercises consist of three exercises, each lasting for 5 hours.Consultations
Possible after each lecture and exercises.Acquisition of Skills
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||50 %||15 %||50 %||15 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||30 %||25 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||30 %||35 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||25 %|
|Exam: Written||50 %||50 %|
|Exam: Oral||35 %|
Laboratory exercises are compulsory and a condition that can take the final exam and repeated examination
Week by Week Schedule
- Basic laws and structure of electromechanical transformation system
- Power transformers. Basic designs. Forms of winding connections.
- Power transformer characteristics. Parallel operation. Autotransformer.
- Equivalent scheme and parameters of the transformer. Standards.
- Synchronous machines. Generator. Basic characteristics.
- Network operation. Power chart of turbine-generator and hydro-generator
- Synchronous motor. Synchronous compensator. Synchronous machines excitation systems.
- Mid-term exam
- Induction machines, three phase and single phase motors.
- Asynchronous machines. Generators for small and wind power plants.
- Drives with induction, synchronous and DC machines.
- Examples of the application of power electronics. Electronic energy conversion. Basic topology and functions of electronic power converters.
- Models of power semiconductor components, transformers and passive components. Line commuted converters.
- DC-DC converters. Inverters.
- Final exam