Development of Software Applications
The course will prepare students for development of complex interactive applications, particularly database applications. The course will provide a knowledge for successful design, construction and implementation of application software. Students will be able to formulate the software requirements and to develop, implement and maintain quality software built upon different software architectures.
- differentiate and define project lifecycle
- reproduce adequate programming techniques
- apply development tools and groupware
- identify software requirements
- design and create software components
- produce user and program documentation
- analyze user requirements
- distinguish key software architecture concepts
Forms of Teaching
Lectures are conducted in two cycles. The first cycle contains 7 weeks of lectures followed by the second cycle of 6 weeks, with teaching load of 3 hours per week.Exams
Assessments include interim exam, final exam and short computer-based tests.Laboratory Work
Laboratory exercises are carried out in the weeks of lectures, one hour per week.Consultations
Consultations have been organized in all weeks except weeks of exam.Other
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Comment:||Percent of Grade|
|Homeworks||0 %||15 %||0 %||15 %|
|Quizzes||0 %||30 %||0 %||30 %|
|Class participation||0 %||5 %||0 %||5 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||20 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||30 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||50 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Software engineering fundamentals. Software development life cycle.
- Project definition. Project plan.
- Requirements specification. Unified modeling language basics.
- Coding standards. Programming techniques.
- Graphical user interface.
- Data access logic.
- Object-relational mapping.
- Mid-term exam.
- Software archituectures.
- Multi-layer applications.
- Universal and self-adaptable program modules. Report design.
- Web applications.
- Service oriented architecture.
- Interactive help and software documentation. Software release.
- Final exam.