Chinese language 1
The aim of the course is to master the Chinese to the extent that one can use it for the simplest conversation, to read and write about 200 most common Chinese chatracters and to use Chinese character and word dictionaries.
- reproduce correctly pronounciation of chinese text written in pinyin transcription
- recognize the structure of chinese characters
- compose simple sentences in Chinese
- apply simple questions in Chinese to get necessary information
- apply different methods of serching characters in dictionaries
- analyze and translate simple chinese texts using dictionaries
Forms of Teaching
the lectures consist of translating texts , explaining grammar and practicing the use of computers in learning and translationExams
regularly school assignments, knowledge testsExercises
phonetic exercises each weekConsultations
Each week after lessons consultationsE-learning
Chinese course Growing up with Chinese " 成长汉语" on chinese television CCTV
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Comment:||Percent of Grade|
|Homeworks||0 %||40 %||0 %||40 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||20 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||20 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||20 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||30 %|
|Exam: Oral||30 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Development of Chinese script. Structure of Chinese characters, radicals and phonetics, traditional and simplified Chinese characters.
- Writing chinese characters, fundamental strokes, stroke counting and stroke order. The most common radicals. Chinese numbers.
- Chinese phonetics. Initial, finals and tones of Chinese syllables. Practicing pronunciation. Personal pronouns.
- Tones combinations in words with two syllables. Practicing pronunciation. Classifiers of Chinese words.
- Noun phrases. Examples with classifiers.
- Verb phrases. Verbs shi, you and zai. Examples.
- Common chinese adverbs. Examples of sentences. Reading and translation of short texts.
- Prepositions and prepositional phrases. Suffixes le, zhe and guo. Examples of sentences. Reading and translation of short texts.
- Potential suffixes - de liao and bu liao. Examples of sentences. Reading and translation of short texts.
- Location. Directional movement. The ba construction. Examples of sentences. Reading and translation of short texts.
- Comparisions. More, less, equal and not equal. Examples of sentences. Reading and translation of short texts.
- Phrase and clause connection (1). Examples. Reading and translation of short texts.
- Phrase and clause connection (2). Examples. Reading and translation of short texts.
- Knowledge test
- Knowledge test