General project goals:
- Educate students in satellite, space and communication technologies
- Elevate ameteur radio community
- Enhance interest for engineering in elementary schools and high schools
- Spread the word to general public that satellite technologies are reachable even in a small country such as Croatia
The mission of FERSAT satellite is to perform several amateur radio and educational functions:
- Test amateur 10.45-10.5 GHz transmitter by sending wideband (image) data on-demand to radio-amateurs.
- Test viability of 10.45-10.5 GHz amateur receiver stations for use with LEO cubesats which, due to low size, emit signals with low power and require high antenna pointing accuracy.
- Earth photography for educational purposes, with calibrated color determination using additional single-pixel detectors.