Control Engineering and Automation as multidisciplinary technological and engineering fields comprise the following knowledge:
- determination of requirements and criteria for control systems design related to flow of matter, energy and information;
- implementation of methods for information processing and data acquisition in the control and automation systems;
- implementation of methods for system analysis and design; design and implementation of hardware and software for control and automation systems.
Control Engineering and Automation syllabus qualifies students for design, implementation and commissioning of the less complex systems in the following fields:
- process automation, automation of manufacturing plants;
- computer-controlled systems;
- electromechanical systems, and
- process measurements and actuators.