The Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing (FER) provides support to all Ukrainian students who are forced to leave their homeland due to war, by enabling them to enrol and continue with their studies (in accordance with the Decision of the Government of the Republic of Croatia on Introducing Temporary Protection in the Republic of Croatia for Displaced Ukrainian nationals).
Following the instructions of the Ministry of Science and Education, and the University of Zagreb, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing guarantee Ukrainian students the following:
enrolment within the Erasmus + mobility program for courses taught in English in the summer semester of the academic year 2021/2022.
These apply to the Ukrainian students studying at these faculties:
- National Technical University Dnipro Polytechnic
- Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- National Technical University of Ukraine Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute
The number of scholarships is limited, and the University of Zagreb cannot guarantee it in advance.
enrolment in programs conducted in the Croatian and in the English language (up to 40 students) in order to continue studies at FER, as follows:
Bachelor study programs:
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
Master study programs:
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Information and Communication Technology
The details related to courses can be found at provided links.
- 1st, 3rd, and 5th semesters are being thought in the winter period (October to February) and 2nd, 4th and 6th semesters are being thought in the summer period (March to July)
- for the study programs conducted in the Croatian language, lectures are mostly held in Croatian; only courses having English level L3 have lectures in English
English level of the course (explanation):
- L0 - The lecturer is not able to offer courses in English at this time. Courses assigned with English level L0 are not available for incoming students
- L1 - All teaching activities will be held in Croatian. However, foreign students in mixed groups will have the opportunity to attend additional office hours with the lecturer and teaching assistants in English to help master the course materials. Additionally, the lecturer will refer foreign students to the corresponding literature in English, as well as give them the possibility of taking the associated exams in English.
- L2 - In agreement with the students enrolled in the course, the lecturer will provide as many teaching elements in English as possible, or in both English and Croatian for mixed groups (i.e., bilingual teaching materials and bilingual exams). Level 2 also includes additional individual consultations with foreign students (as in Level 1) for the teaching elements which will be held in Croatian.
- L3 - All teaching activities in the course will be held in English. This level includes courses with multiple groups (i.e., all teaching will be held strictly in Croatian for Croatian groups, and strictly in English for English groups).
The decision about the possibility to enrol in a specific study program depends on the enrolled study program at the home institution and passed courses. In order to help us determine which study program and courses a candidate can enrol at FER, one should provide (if possible) as follows:
- Transcript of grades - all years of study at home university with visible courses that have been passed, grades obtained and credits,
- Certificate of Enrolment – a document stating the student is enrolled at the home university in the academic year 2021/22,
- Official documentation from which we can see the content of passed courses (if you are unable to send mentioned contents of courses, you can send us a link to the official website which contains requested information about passed courses),
- Copy of passport (first page with the photo and personal data),
- Proof of English proficiency – intermediate level / B2 level (all kinds of certificates, from different language schools, are accepted).
The documentation mentioned above is important to determine which passed courses can be recognized for courses offered within our study programs and accordingly which courses student will need to enrol at FER in order to continue his/hers studies at FER.
- finding accommodation in student dorms,
- learning the Croatian language - Croaticum, contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- exam literature,
- access to the library collection, scientific journals, and databases of all publishers to which the Faculty is subscribed,
- Croatia for Ukraine - official Croatian Government website
- other useful information.
FER provides these forms of support to Ukrainian students
- Croatian companies are offering special scholarships for Ukrainian students studying at FER. More information you can find at this link.
- student mentor (buddy) for integration into the education system and student life,
- support in cooperation with student organizations such as Erasmus student network Zagreb (ESN Zagreb), contact e-mail: email@example.com.
For any kind of additional questions and support please contact Anđela Špoljarić, mag. croat. via firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone number + 385 1 6129 906.