Communication and space technologies are drivers of technological and scientific development because they support innovation and enable improvements in all areas of human activity. Technological progress is a direct result of human imagination and the desire to act more efficiently in own environment. Hearing, seeing, and detecting what is happening anywhere on Earth and in space is the first step towards remote action. This desire has led to the development of drones that enable the gathering of information from distant areas, autonomous vehicles aware of the environment in which they move, and space probes for distant planets exploration and the Earth observation from space. Communication technologies are one of the key elements of this success, and the next big step is their application in space technologies what creates challenging technical-technological requirements in terms of information transfer and represents the most ambitious implementation of communication technologies.
The Communication and space technologies profile enables students to acquire basic and specialized knowledge in the field of communication, satellite, mobile, multimedia, optical and network technologies, develop skills that cover hardware and software aspects of these systems and build innovative devices and applications. The emphasis is on the practical part of teaching about advanced communication and space technologies through laboratory work, project assignments and professional visits. By participating in one of the FERSAT project working groups, students can work on the development of new satellite technologies through designing and programming small satellite components and subsystems.
The acquired knowledge and practical experience enable students to quickly adapt to new technologies and occupations of the future, thus becoming attractive participants in the labor market, capable of dynamic and efficient adaptation to future trends.
Students are qualified for:
- planning, design and development of communication networks and systems (mobile communication systems, optical networks, satellite communications, radio access networks, city and local networks, broadcasting systems, navigation, and radar systems),
- design, dimensioning and optimization of 5G mobile communication networks,
- development and implementation of sensor and IoT systems,
- design of satellite communication systems and design of small satellite subsystems,
- processing and analysis of data collected from satellites,
- software development for communication systems and services,
- design of optical communication networks,
- development and implementation of content processing and transmission in multimedia systems,
- design of electronic circuits and devices for application in communications,
- antenna design for mobile and autonomous platforms,
- application of new electromagnetic structures in electronics, communications, applied physics and computing.