1. Bukal, Mario; Pawelczyk Matthäus; Velčić, Igor.
Derivation of homogenized Euler–Lagrange equations for von Kármán rods. // Journal of differential equations. 262 (2017) , 11; 5565-5605 (članak, znanstveni).
2. Bukal, Mario; Velčić, Igor.
On the simultaneous homogenization and dimension reduction in elasticity and locality of Gamma- closure. // Calculus of variations and partial differential equations. 56 (2017) ; 59-1-59-41 (članak, znanstveni).
3. Ćesić, Josip; Marković, Ivan; Bukal, Mario; Petrović, Ivan.
Extended Information Filter on Matrix Lie Groups. // Automatica. 82 (2017) ; 226-234 (članak, znanstveni).
4. Bukal, Mario.
A family of fourth-order q-logarithmic equations. // Journal of mathematical analysis and applications. 438 (2016) , 1; 142-161 (članak, znanstveni).
5. Bukal, Mario; Emmrich, Etienne; Jüngel, Ansgar.
Entropy stable and entropy-dissipative approximations of a fourth-order quantum diffusion equation. // Numerische Mathematik. 127 (2014) , 2; 365-396 (članak, znanstveni).
6. Bukal, Mario; Marković, Ivan; Petrović, Ivan.
Composite distance based approach to von Mises mixture reduction. // Information fusion. 20 (2014) ; 136-145 (članak, znanstveni).
7. Bukal, Mario; Jüngel, Ansgar; Matthes, Daniel.
A multidimensional nonlinear sixth-order quantum diffusion equation. // Annales de l Institut Henri Poincare-analyse non lineaire. 30 (2013) , 2; 337-365 (članak, znanstveni).
8. Bukal, Mario; Jüngel, Ansgar; Matthes, Daniel.
Entropies for radially symmetric higher-order nonlinear diffusion equations. // Communications in mathematical sciences. 9 (2011) , 2; 353-382 (članak, znanstveni).
- mathematical analysis and numerical methods of diffusion equations and cross-diffusion systems
- homogenization and dimension reduction in continuum mechanics
- information fusion with applications to robotic systems
- assistant professor at University of Zagreb, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing (since December 2016)
- research associate - postdoc at University of Zagreb, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing (July 2012 - November 2016)
- research assistant - PhD student at Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Anylysis and Scientific Computing, Austria (December 2008 – June 2012)
- software developer at Mireo d.d., Zagreb, Croatia (June 2008 – November 2008)
- PhD in mathematics from Vienna University of Technology, Faculty of Mathematics and Geoinformation (September 2009 – June 2012), thesis with Ansgar Jüngel
- master in applied mathematics from University of Zagreb, Faculty of Science, Department of Mathematics (October 2003 - April 2008),
thesis with Mladen Jurak
List of select projects
Mathematical analysis and numerical methods for diffusion driven multiphase systems (UIP - HRZZ), PI, 2018 - 2023.
Multi-species biofilm diffusion systems for wastewater treatment (MZOŠ - bilateral project with Austria), PI of Croatian team, 2018 - 2020.
Mathematical Analysis of Multi-Physics Problems Involving Thin and Composite Structures and Fluids (UIP - HRZZ), postdoc, 2014 - 2017.
ACROSS (EU FP7-REGPOT), postdoc, 2012 - 2014.
Partial Differential Equations in Technical Systems - Modelling, Simulation, and Control (Austrian Research Foundation (FWF)), PhD student, 2008 - 2012.