On Machine Learning Based Video QoE Estimation Across Different Networks
A Framework for In-Network QoE Monitoring of Encrypted Video Streaming
Quality of Experience estimation of encrypted video streaming by using machine learning methods
Inclusion of End User Playback-Related Interactions in YouTube Video Data Collection and ML-Based Performance Model Training
To Share or Not to Share? How Exploitation of Context Data Can Improve In-Network QoE Monitoring of Encrypted YouTube Streams
In-Network YouTube Performance Estimation in Light of End User Playback-Related Interactions
YouTube QoE Classification Based on Monitoring of Encrypted Traffic
In-network Quality of Experience Monitoring of HTTP Adaptive Streaming Services
YouTube QoE Estimation from Encrypted Traffic: Comparison of Test Methodologies and Machine Learning Based Models
In-Network QoE and KPI Monitoring of Mobile YouTube Traffic: Insights for Encrypted iOS Flows
A Machine Learning Approach to Classifying YouTube QoE Based on Encrypted Network Traffic
Towards a Framework for Classifying YouTube QoE Based on Monitoring of Encrypted Traffic
Towards Cooperative QoE Management Schemes for Multimedia Applications
YouTube QoE Estimation Based on the Analysis of Encrypted Network Traffic Using Machine Learning
Irena Oršolić is a Postdoctoral researcher at the University of Zagreb, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, and a member of the Multimedia Quality of Experience Research Lab (MUEXlab). She received her B.Sc. degree in Computing in 2014, M.Sc. degree in Information and Communication Technologies in 2016, and her Ph.D. degree in the field of Computing in 2020 at the same faculty. The focus of her research is on potential solutions for QoE monitoring of multimedia services that could possibly enable the development of mechanisms for improving QoE and efficient use of network resources.
- "In-network QoE Estimation of Multimedia Services: Overview and Open Challenges",
University of Würzburg, Germany, 07/09/2021.
- "Ms. or Mrs.? Dr." (workshop aimed at encouraging girls to pursue a career in STEM),
Croatian Society of Chemical Engineers, Zagreb, Croatia, 08/03/2021.
- "Quality of Experience Estimation of Encrypted Video Streaming by Using Machine Learning Methods",
Croatian Science Foundation PhD Cafe, 25/06/2020.
Awards and grants:
- Best Paper Award for the following paper:
I. Oršolić, M. Seufert, "On Machine Learning Based Video QoE Estimation Across Different Networks", in proc. of the 16th International Conference on Telecommunications (ConTEL 2021), Zagreb, Croatia, 30/06/2021 – 02/07/2021.
- Diversity Travel Grant for ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys), Istanbul, Turkey, 28/09/2021 – 01/10/2021.
- Student Travel Grant for International Conference on Network and Service Management (CNSM), Rome, Italy, 05 - 09/11/2018.
- Student Travel Grant for International Teletraffic Congress (ITC), Vienna, Austria, 03 – 07/09/2018.
- Student Travel Grant for Network Traffic Measurement and Analysis Conference (TMA), Vienna, Austria, 26 - 29/06/2018.
Ph.D. schools and workshops:
- The ECML/PKDD Summer School on Machine Learning and Data Mining for Geo-Spatial Data/Volunteered Geographic Information, Quality of Experience and Human-Computer Interaction (EPSS19), Würzburg, Germany, 11 – 16/09/2019.
- 8th TMA PhD School – Hands on Big Data for Network Traffic Measurement and Analysis, Vienna, Austria, 25 – 26/06/2018.
- QoE-Net Summer School on QoE Management and Implementation, Lausanne, Switzerland, 11 – 15/09/2017.
- Innovative ICT Solutions for the Societal Challenges (InnoSoc), Zagreb, Croatia, 18 – 29/04/2016.
Conference and workshop organization:
- Mentoring chair at ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys), Athlone, Ireland, 14 – 17/06/2022.
- Entrepreneurial case study supervisor on Erasmus+ project "Education of Future ICT Experts Based on Smart Society Needs" (topic: "It’s Fake News – Detection of (Un)reliable Information").
- Organizer and lecturer at Quality of Experience for Virtual Reality applications workshop (held for international high-school students participating in Erasmus+ project "VR Science Lab"), Zagreb, Croatia, 16/12/2021.
- Program and Organizing Committee chair at ConTEL 2021 PhD Forum, Zagreb, Croatia, 02/07/2021.
- Volunteer at the 14th International Workshop on Network and Systems Support for Games (NetGames), Zagreb, Croatia, 03 – 04/12/2015.
- Web chair at IEEE Central European Student and Young Professionals Congress (CEuSYP), Zagreb, Croatia, 08 – 10/05/2015.
Computer networks Internet IP networks Internet Mobile communication Multimedia communication Quality of experience Quality of service Network topology
Computers and information processing
Web sites World Wide Web Computer networks
Computational and artificial intelligence
List of select projects
- Q-MERSIVE: Modeling and Monitoring QoE for Immersive 5G-Enabled Multimedia Services,
01/2020 – 01/2024, funded by Croatian Science Foundation (researcher, senior researcher).
- Research and Development of a Multimedia Application with the System for Content Personalization Based on User Behavior,
01/2020 – 06/2021, funded by Nanobit (researcher).
- QoMoVid: QoE Monitoring Solutions for Mobile OTT Video Streaming,
10/2016 – 03/2019, funded by Ericsson Nikola Tesla (researcher).
- Q-MANIC: Cooperative Quality of Experience Management for Interactive Cloud-Based Multimedia Applications in Mobile Networks,
07/2015 – 06/2018, funded by Croatian Science Foundation (researcher).