Telecommunication Systems and Technologies
- to define architecture and organization of communication network
- to explain how telecommunication network operates and functions of network nodes
- to apply knowledge about communication networks and services
- to analyze services, as well as service interactions, in odrer to select appropriate ones
- to analyze organization of public and private networks and services
- to define basic configuration for transport and necesary components
- to create network model including access functions, transport functions and services
Forms of Teaching
Week by Week Schedule
- Basic network components and architectures for switching and routingswitching; Components of radio access network and core network.
- Semiconductor optical source types, multimode laser diodes, LED and SLED optical sources; Semiconductor photodetectors; PIN and avalanche photodiode.
- Multiplexing in optical communication systems; TDM i WDM systems; Properties of DWDM amd CWDM systems; Wave and particle properties of light; Wave coherence, interferometers; Guided optical waves, optical fibers.
- Topology of optical networks; Access and core networks; Optical switching and cross-connecting.
- Tendencies of development of optical networks: requirements to WDM with a large number of wavelengths, long-distance and high-speed transmission.
- Optical switching and cross-connecting; Methods for increasing the throughput of optical links.
- Access and distribution optical networks; FTTx concept; Passive optical networks; TDM-PON and WDM-PON.
- Midterm exam.
- Basic network components and architectures for switching and routingswitching.
- Network signaling.
- Call processing.
- Service processing; Intelligent networks; Telecommunication data processing; Case studies with focus on telecommunication systems.
- Call and contact center; Interactive voice response; Automatic call distribution system; Outbound call management systems.
- CSTA call handling and monitoring procedures; CSTA services Web Services Description Language (WSDL) for CSTA; XML protocol for CSTA; Open source implementation of the CSTA protocol; CSTA connection state model.
- Final exam.
Computing (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
(.), Osnovne arhitekture mreža, A. Bažant, G. Gledec, Ž. Ilić, G. Ježić, M. Kos, M. Kunštić, I. Lovrek, M. Matijašević, B. Mikac, V. Sinković,
(.), Optical Networks: A Practical Perspective, R. Ramaswami, K. N. Sivarajan,
(.), Essentials of Modern Telecommunications Systems, N. Kularatna, D. Dias,
(.), Uvod u komutacijske sustave, J. Župan,
L3 English Level
0 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory