Rigid body statics: introduction, basic concepts principles. Equilibrium conditions and equilibrium equations. Basics of fisical friction, types of friction, modeling of friction. Purpose and scope of the strenght of materials, stress and strain anlysis in axially loaded and bending bars and torsion of circular bars. Basic theory of kinematics and dinamics of mechanisms. Basics laws of motion for system of particles, rigid body dinamics. Mechanical vibration. Lagranges equations.
Development of systems thinking in mechatronic product design. Ability of a mechanic system integration based on components knowledge.
- analyze the statics of rigid body
- apply the requirements of equilibrium
- categorize types of friction
- analyze the stress and strain in axial loading, bending and torsion
- analyze the kinematics of particle and rigid body kinematics
- analyze the system of particles and rigid body dinamics
- analyze the mechanical vibration
Forms of Teaching
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Attendance||0 %||5 %||0 %||0 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||40 %||30 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||40 %||40 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||25 %|
|Exam: Written||40 %||60 %|
|Exam: Oral||40 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Rigid body statics: introductions, basic concepts principles.
- Equilibrium conditions and equilibrium equations.
- Basics of fisical friction, type of friction, friction and belts transmissions.
- Tasks and methods of strength of materials, analysis of stresses and strains. Mechanical transmissions.
- Tensile strain, compressive stress
- Bending load, stress and strain.
- Torsional load, stress and strain.
- Midterm exam.
- Kinematics of particles.
- Kinematics of rigid body.
- Dynamics of particles and particle systems.
- Dynamics of rigid body.
- Vibrations of systems, free vibrations with one degree of freedom.
- Introduction to analytical mechanics, Lagranges equations.
- Final exam.
Control Engineering and Automation (profile)Recommended elective courses (3. semester)
Electrical Engineering Systems and Technologies (profile)Recommended elective courses (3. semester)
Electrical Power Engineering (profile)Recommended elective courses (3. semester)
Milenko Stegić (1992.), Tehnička mehanika, Sveučilište u Zagrebu
Stjepan Jecić (1989.), Mehanika II (kinematika i dinamika), Tehnička knjiga
Ivo Alfirević (1989.), Nauka o čvrstoći I, Tehnička knjiga
Osman Muftić (1983.), Mehanika statika, Tehnička knjiga