- define scripting languages and list their properties
- select programming language and tools suitable for given problem
- write and apply simple bash scripts
- write and apply simple Perl scripts
- write and apply simple Python programs
- analyze and adapt simple bash, Perl and Python scripts
Forms of Teaching
Lectures will be held two hours per week.Independent assignments
Individual assignments will be solved as a preparation and within the laboratory exercises.Laboratory
Laboratory exercises will be held in three blocks of 4 hours.
By decision of the Faculty Council, in the academic year 2019/2020. the midterm exams are cancelled and the points assigned to that component are transferred to the final exam, unless the teachers have reassigned the points and the grading components differently. See the news for each course for information on knowledge rating.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||50 %||30 %||50 %||30 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||30 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||30 %||40 %|
|Exam: Written||50 %||70 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Glue languages; Command line interpreters.
- Redirection of input and output streams.
- Standard Unix tools.
- String manipulation via pattern-matching (regular expressions).
- Basic syntax and semantics of a higher-level language; Variables and primitive data types (e.g., numbers, characters, Booleans); Expressions and assignments.
- A type as a set of values together with a set of operations; Association of types to variables, arguments, results, and fields.
- Conditional and iterative control structures; Functions and parameter passing.
- Midterm exam.
- Text processing in scripting languages.
- Simple I/O including file I/O; Conditional and iterative control structures; Functions and parameter passing.
- Passing command line arguments.
- Lazy evaluation and infinite streams.
- Dynamic code evaluation (“eval”).
- Module systems.
- Final exam.
Computing (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Zoran Kalafatić (2012.), Skriptni jezici - materijali za predavanja u elektroničkom obliku, FER-2, Zagreb, 2012.,
Zoran Kalafatić, Antonio Pošćić, Siniša Šegvić, Julijan Šribar (2016.), Python za znatiželjne, Element
Stephen G. Kochan, Patrick Wood (2016.), Shell Programming in Unix, Linux and OS X, Addison-Wesley Professional
Randal L. Schwartz, brian d foy, Tom Phoenix (2016.), Learning Perl, O'Reilly Media, Inc.
L0 English Level
12 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory
75 Very Good