Signals and Systems
- Classify signals
- Explain and apply tests to unknown systems in order to classify the systems into known categories
- Interpret and compare the properties of the F ourier Transform, the Laplace Transform and the Z-Transform
- Apply methods to find response of LTI time discrete and time continuous systems in time domain
- Apply Laplace and z- transform to find response of LTI time discrete and time continuous systems
- Analyze transfer functions and frequency responses and present the properties of the systems
- Analyze MIMO systems described with state equations
- Analyze and implement linear systems using block diagrams
- Explain the relation between continuous and discrete signals and systems
Forms of Teaching
By decision of the Faculty Council, in the academic year 2019/2020. the midterm exams are cancelled and the points assigned to that component are transferred to the final exam, unless the teachers have reassigned the points and the grading components differently. See the news for each course for information on knowledge rating.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||0 %||6 %||0 %||0 %|
|Homeworks||0 %||10 %||0 %||0 %|
|Class participation||0 %||4 %||0 %||0 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||50 %||40 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||50 %||40 %|
|Exam: Written||51 %||100 %|
|Exam: Oral||100 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Definition of signals and systems; Classification of signals and systems.
- Signals and systems parameters; Modeling of signals and systems.
- Continuos time Fourier series (CTFS).
- Continuos time Fourier transform (CTFT).
- Discrete time Fourier series (DTFS).
- Discrete time Fourier transform (DTFT).
- Nyquist frequency; Aliasing in time and frequency domain.
- Interpolation; Signal dimensionality; Midterm exam.
- Impulse response of the LTI systems.
- Convolution sum and integral.
- Linear differential and difference systems.
- Definition, similarities to Laplace transform; Properties.
- Transfer function; Use in solving LTI systems response.
- Direct; Cascade.
- Parallel; Transformation of state variables; Final exam.
Computing (study)(4. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)(4. semester)
Branko Jeren (2017.), Signali i sustavi, FER
T. Petković, B. Jeren i ostali (2004.), Signali i sustavi zbirka zadataka, FER, elektroničko izdanje
B. P. Lathi (2004.), Linear Systems and Signals, Oxford University Press
A.V. Oppenheim and A.S. Willsky, with S.H. Nawab (1997.), Signals and Systems, Prentice-Hall
E.A.Lee, P.Varaiya (2011.), Structure and Interpretation of Signals and Systems, Second Edition, LeeVaraiya.org
L2 English Level
15 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory
75 Very Good