Deep understanding of effects, which follow sound in space. Students get necessary knowledge, needed to define acoustical demands of specific rooms and their acoustical treatment. Practical skills to predict, measure and analyse parameters of acoustical quality.
- estimate the acoustical properties of spaces.
- design the acoustical treatment
- choose elements of acoustical treatment
- design acoustical elements
- apply asquired knowledge for calculation of reverberation time, speech intelligibility and music clarity
- arrange acoustical requirements into project task
- appraise critical acoustical parameters depending on specific use of hall
Forms of Teaching
Lectures once a week, 90 minutes durationExercises
Auditory excercises wll be organized 4 times in semester, ie. in connection with lessons 6, 7, 10 and 11.Laboratory Work
Laboratory will be organized through 6 excercises, each of 90 minutes duration.Acquisition of Skills
Students, in gorup of two, allone make and present project of acoustical treatment for given space.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||0 %||15 %||0 %||15 %|
|Seminar/Project||0 %||30 %||0 %||30 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||25 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||30 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||55 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Emission of sound in space.
- Influence of shape and volume on acoustical properties of room.
- Objective and subjective parameters of acoustical quality of room.
- Method for evaluation of acoustical quality of rooms.
- Acoustical elements: absorbers, diffusers and sound reflectors.
- Calculation of acoustical elements.
- Calculation of basic acoustical parameters of rooms. Simulation of acoustical properties of rooms with computer.
- Midterm exam
- Acoustical demands for typical rooms (classrooms, theatres, concert halls, multipurpose halls).
- Designing spaces for speech.
- Designing spaces for music. Designing mulipurpouse spaces.
- Testing of subjective parameters of acoustical quality of rooms.
- Measuring of objective parameters of acoustical quality of rooms.
- Correlation of objective and subjective parameters of acoustical quality of rooms.
- Final exam