- Understand the term quality
- Explain the standardization and the need for standardization
- Apply the quality management in projects
- Discriminate external from internal audit
- Discriminate accreditation from certification
- Explain the need for CE mark
Forms of Teaching
Lectures are designed into 12 thematic sections that are logically one after another. The student is introduced to the topics of the basics of quality management, quality infrastructure, use of standards and tools in order to achieve satisfactory quality of products and services.Partial e-learning
Using the Moodle eLearning system, compulsory reading and supplementary reading literature, video clips, solved computational and self-test tasks are made available.Independent assignments
Using the Moodle eLearning system, students have at their disposal solved computational tasks and tasks to test their own knowledge.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Homeworks||0 %||10 %||0 %||0 %|
|Quizzes||0 %||10 %||0 %||0 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||30 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||50 %||50 %|
|Exam: Written||50 %||50 %|
|Exam: Oral||50 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Quality Definition; History of Quality Paradigms.
- Modern Science of Quality; Customer-Oriented Approach; Economical Aspects of Quality.
- Technical Aspects of Quality; Influence of Quality - Professional Environment.
- Definiton of Quality System; Quality Management.
- Standards Series ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 - Generic Principles; Standards Series ISO 50000.
- Organization and Documentation; Quality System Assesment.
- TQM, EFQM Excellence Model and Concept Six-Sigma; Quality of Life (Food, Water, Medicine, Transport).
- Midterm exam.
- Elements of Quality Infrastructure; Metrology Infrastructure (International, Regional, National); Scientific, Technical and Legal Metrology.
- Standards and Standardisation (ISO, IEC, EN); Conformity Assessment in European Infrastructure; Harmonized Standards and CE mark.
- Certification and Accreditation; Calibration and Testing Laboratories; From Product to Market - Technical Requirements.
- Process - Definitions and Influences; Variabilty - Quality Parameters.
- Analysis of Process Capability; Control Charts; Basic Quality Tools.
- Continuous Improvement; Implementation and Program Packages.
- Final exam.