Power System Maintenance
Understanding role and methods of electric power system maintenance. Understanding relationship between facilities maintenance and power system operation based on technical and economic requirements. Ability to determinate most important maintenance factors of electric power systems (costs, periods, damages, ...).
- differentiate based terms as: deteriorating, damage, fatigue of material, defect etc.
- list and explain defect couses in electric power system
- list and define maintenance strategies
- plan and manage equipement maintenance
- create maintenance line diagrams
- analyze maintenance costs
- use the optimization tool GAMS
- write maintenece report
Forms of Teaching
Two hours weekly.Exams
Continuously: one writing exam, final exam (writing and oral examination) and two short tests. Classical Exam: writing and oral examination at the end of semester. Results of two short tests are included.Exercises
One hour weekly.Consultations
For the seminar.Seminars
Electric power system elements maintenance sheduling by using of software package GAMS.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Quizzes||0 %||6 %||50 %||6 %|
|Seminar/Project||0 %||14 %||50 %||14 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||50 %||25 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||50 %||25 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||30 %|
|Exam: Written||50 %||50 %|
|Exam: Oral||30 %|
Points of Short tests and Seminar will be admit in the Exam.
Week by Week Schedule
- Basic terms and definitions. Failure cause. Weather influence, equipment construction limits, inadequate monitoring, load variations, other causes.
- Maintenance function. Maintenance strategies and types. Corrective maintenance. Preventive maintenance. Risk-based maintenance. Condition-based maintenance. Terotechnological maintenance. Logistic maintenance. Examples on electric power systems elements.
- Maintenance. Total productive maintenance. Reliability based maintenance. Knowledge based maintenance (Expert systems). Self maintenance. Examples.
- Maintenance strategy selection. Maintenance characteristics. Maintenance organization. Central maintenance. Transmission transformer station example. Dispersed maintenance. Distribution transformer station example. Combined maintenance. Distribution line example. Maintenance outsourcing. Transmission line example.
- Maintenance planning methods. Line graphs. Examples. Methods for network planning. Examples. Maintenance organization. Maintenance software's.
- Periodical equipment testing. Visual examination. Cleaning, smudge elimination and painting. Lubrication and replacing. Equipment starting, operation and conditions testing. Equipment characteristics testing. Cleaning to prevent . Distribution transformer station example.
- Periodic maintenance scheduling. Examples. Optimal number of reserve parts. Repairs. Service life. Equipment lifetime.
- Maintenance cost. Cost type. Influence of maintenance cost on final product price (electric energy price). Cost analyses. Cost center. Cost control. Maintenance cost estimation. Cost management. Cost monitoring. Cost savings. Cost planning. Cost strategy. Total costs. Examples.
- Damage types and estimation.
- Introduction to matehematical programming. Decision making procedures. Lagrange multipliers. Benders decomposition.
- Application of linear programming on maintenance scheduling problems in power systems. Mathematical model formulations. Optimal maintenance scheduling of power system elements.
- Introduction to optimisation software GAMS. Examples.
- Long term maintenance scopes. Maintenance information system.
- Influence of open electric power market. Transmission system maintenance. Generation system maintenance. Distribution elements maintenance. Examples.
- Documentation and maintenance reports. Testing methods. Data acquisition. Data analysis. Damage identification. Diagnosis concepts. Diagnosis.