Probability and Statistics
- solve problems of evaluating probability of a given event
- recognize specific discrete or continuous distribution
- solve problems of evaluating expectation and variance of some distribution
- analyze given data
- solve problems of point and interval estimation
- use statistical tests
- demonstrate ability for mathematical modelling
- use critical thinking
Forms of Teaching
4 hours per weekExercises
1 hour per weekIndependent assignments
each student must solve some problems on their ownLaboratory
6 hours per semester, 4 out of those 6 hours students work on their own
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Quizzes||0 %||10 %||0 %||10 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||50 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||40 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||90 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Probability; equally likely outcomes; geometric probability.
- Conditional probability; independence; law of yotal probability; Bayes' rule.
- Discrete random variables and random vectors; marginal distribution; conditional distribution.
- Moments; characteristic function; generating functions.
- Geometric Distribution; Binomial Distribution; Poisson Distribution.
- Random variables; probability distributions; probablitiy densities; Functions of random variables.
- Exponential distribution; normal distribution.
- Midterm exam.
- Random vectors; conditional probability distributions.
- Functions of random vectors; Law of large numbers and central limit theorem.
- Measures of central tendency (mean, median, mode); measures of dispersion (standard deviation, variance, quantile, and IQR); Unbiased point estimations; Maximal-likelihood estimation.
- Interval estimations; confidence intervals; Confidence Intervals for parameters of normal distribution.
- Hypothesis testing; type of errors; parametric hypothesis testing; sampling distributions.
- Hypothesis testing; type of errors; parametric hypothesis testing; sampling distributions; Pearson's Chi-squared Test (Goodness-of-fit tests, tests of independence and homogeneity).
- Final exam.
Computing (study)(3. semester) (4. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)(4. semester)
(2018.), N.Elezović: Vjerojatnost i statistika, Element, Zagreb
(1989.), Ž. Pauše, Uvod u matematičku statistiku, Školska knjiga, Zagreb
(1989.), Ž. Pauše, Riješeni primjeri zadaci iz vjerojatnosti i statistike, Školska knjiga, Zagreb
L1 English Level
6 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory
70 Very Good