Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
- Understand the fundamental concepts related to electricity, magnetism and electric circuit theory.
- Apply Kirchhoff's laws to DC and AC circuits analysis
- Apply phasors for sinusoidal AC circuit analysis
- Analyze DC and AC circuits by following circuit analysis methods and theorems: nodal analysis, mesh analysis, star-delta transformation, transformation between real source models, Thévenin's and Norton's theorems
- Analyze transients in first- and second-order circuits
- Apply the principle of linearity and superposition to AC and DC circuits.
- Apply circuit analysis methods to transformers and three-phase systems
- Use basic laboratory measurement equipment including the power supplies, ammeters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, digital multimeters, function generators, and oscilloscopes as well as to conduct experiments, to measure basic quantities in electric circuits, and to interpret data.
Forms of Teaching
Involment in lecturesIndependent assignments
preparing for lab classes, homeworkLaboratory
Laboratory workWork with mentor
By decision of the Faculty Council, in the academic year 2019/2020. the midterm exams are cancelled and the points assigned to that component are transferred to the final exam, unless the teachers have reassigned the points and the grading components differently. See the news for each course for information on knowledge rating.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||0 %||6 %||0 %||6 %|
|Homeworks||0 %||5 %||0 %||5 %|
|Quizzes||0 %||9 %||0 %||9 %|
|Class participation||0 %||4 %||0 %||4 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||26 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||26 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||24 %|
|Exam: Written||18 %||52 %|
|Exam: Oral||24 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Variables (charge, currents, energy, voltage, power, flux linkages); Elements (resistor,inductor, capacitor, voltage and current sources).
- Circuit Topology; Kirchhoff 's Current Law; Kirchhoff 's Voltage Law; Linearly Independent Kirchhoff Equations; Resistive Circuits.
- AC Quantities; Amplitude and Phase Relationships for Circuit Elements; Phasors.
- Impedance and Admittance; AC Steady-State Equations.
- AC Power.
- Series and Parallel Connections; Voltage and Current Divider Rules; Input Impedance; Nonlinear Resistive Circuits.
- Frequency Characteristics of Electric Circuits - Resonance.
- Midterm exam.
- The Superposition Principle; Thevenin's Theorem; Norton's Theorem.
- Nodal Analysis; Mesh Current Analysis.
- Three-Phase Line and Phase Quantities; Δ and Y connections.
- Δ and Y connections; Power in Three-Phase System.
- MutulaI Inductance and Coupled Circuit Equations; Transformers.
- First-Order Circuits Transients; Second-Order Circuits Transients.
- Final exam.
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology and Computing (study)(2. semester)
(.), Osnove elektrotehnike - nastavni materijali,
V. Pinter (1989.), Osnove elektrotehnike, I i II dio, Tehnička knjiga, Zagreb
E. Šehović, M. Tkalić, I Felja (1992.), Osnove elektrotehnike - zbirka primjera, I dio, Školska knjiga, Zagreb
A. Pavić, I. Felja (1996.), Osnove elektrotehnike 1, auditorne vježbe, Korijandol
L2 English Level
15 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory
74 Very Good