Mobile Software Agents
Students will gain basic knowledge about mobile software agents, multi-agent systems, platforms, languages, protocols and standards. They will understand the fundamental principles of programming models and concepts of agent mobility, communication, collaboration and management. They will be able to model and implement mobile agents and agent systems, as well as to develop agent-based applications in the programming language Java.
- apply the knowledge about software agents and agent systems
- use an agent platform for agent programming
- employ programming agents for different problems
- analyze a multi-agent system
- design a multi-agent system
- develop an agent system
- identify concepts of agent mobility, communication, collaboration and management
- create an agent system in Java programming language
Forms of Teaching
Lectures, with lecture notes and presentations available in advance on the web.Exams
Midterm exam and final exam.Laboratory Work
Creating intelligent software agents and multi-agent systems.Consultations
Regular weekly consultations hours with lectureres.Acquisition of Skills
Programming software agents. Building software environment for agent system design and anslysis.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||0 %||70 %||0 %||70 %|
|Class participation||0 %||5 %||0 %||5 %|
|Seminar/Project||0 %||10 %||0 %||10 %|
|Attendance||0 %||5 %||0 %||5 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||5 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||5 %|
|Exam: Oral||10 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Software agents and multi-agent systems. (Mobile) software agent structure and characteristics. Communication in multi-agent systems.
- Models and protocols for collaboration and negotiation in multi-agent systems. Agent organization and coordination in a mobile agent network. Agent teams, task scheduling. Intelligent agents and their applications.
- Mobile software agents implementation in Java programming language. Programming basic functions. Programming software agents using agent platforms. Case study: JADE agent platform.
- Electronic markets and software agents.
- Multi-agent systems for simulations and electronic markets. Case study: smart grid power trading simulator Power TAC.
- Mobile agents in e-business. Case studies: agents for supply chain management, business agents, knowledge management agents.
- Programming software agents for small devices.
- Midterm exam.
- Multi-agent systems for machine-to-machine (M2M) environments.
- Interoperability and security of agent systems. Secure requests and mechanisms, standards, constructors for mobile software agents.
- Selected examples of game theory application in multi-agent systems.
- Semantic web and ontologies. Semantic agents, electronic contracts and businesses in mobile network.
- Selected examples of multi-agent system application (part 1).
- Selected examples of multi-agent system application (part 2).
- Final exam.