Measurements in Technology Systems
The students will achieve deep understanding of measurement as part of technology and production process. They will have extensive knowledge of sensors and transducers, and practical skill to incorporate transducers and sensors in measurement systems. They will also have ability to analyse measurement results.
- define the processes in technical systems
- understand the terminology of measurement systems
- to define the components of measurement systems
- to analyze the measurement uncertainty
- to build the measurement system
- to test the measurement sytem
Forms of Teaching
The lectures will be implemented using the various techniques and tools such as powerpoint presentations, flash movies and other presentation materials. Some lectures will be organized from the industry experts.Exams
The tests will be organized after each lecture cycle.Experimental Exercises
Several experiments will be complementing the lecturesSeminars
The students will have to write one to two seminars to cover various topics of the courseE-learning
Presentations as well as other interesting material will be published on the web pages as additional learning tools to the students.Other Forms of Group and Self Study
The students will be able to work in joint projects.Internship visits
Students will visit several partners from the industry where they will learn the possibility of using the knowledge gained through the course in their future jobs.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Homeworks||0 %||20 %||0 %||0 %|
|Seminar/Project||0 %||20 %||0 %||0 %|
|Attendance||0 %||10 %||0 %||0 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||30 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||20 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||100 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Measurement as the part of technology and production process. Principle of operation and selection of the sensors and measurement transducers in relation to their physically-chemical properties and energy transformation.
- Displacement, deflection and angle, vibration, force and strain measuring sensors.
- Incremental optical and capacitive sensors. Resistance, capacitance and inductive sensors with digital output.
- Measurement of torque, RPM, speed and acceleration.
- Infrared sensors for measuring temperature and displacements. Piezoelectric and Peltier elements. Measurement of air and gass flow (air-flow and mass air-flow sensor) by means of heat wire.
- MEMS i NEMS transducers (micro and nano electro-mechanical systems).
- Apllying measuring amplifiers under conditions of high accuracy; controlled and remotely operated amplifiers, differential and instrumentation amplifiers, highly accurate operating amplifiers (low-noising, with low-voltage and low-current offsets and drifts, with the high input resistances).
- PID regulators. Time-marking and time-operating components and arrangements.
- Composing transducers within the measuring system; refering to the signal processing and data transfer to the control-operation area, extracting disturbances and errors.
- Fundamentals of inteligent measurements.
- Remote control and visualization of measuring and process quantities (SCADA systems).
- Distributed measurement systems.
- Software for measureemnt systems
- Test and experimet work
- Test and experimet work