Measurement in Technological Processes
- define the processes in technical systems
- understand the terminology of measurement systems
- define the components of measurement systems
- analyze the measurement uncertainty
- build the measurement system
- test the measurement sytem
Forms of Teaching
The lectures will be implemented using the various techniques and tools such as powerpoint presentations, flash movies and other presentation materials. Some lectures will be organized from the industry experts.Partial e-learning
Presentations as well as other interesting material will be published on the web pages as additional learning tools to the students.Field work
Students will visit several partners from the industry where they will learn the possibility of using the knowledge gained through the course in their future jobs.Laboratory
Several experiments and laboratory exercises will be complementing the lectures
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||0 %||20 %||0 %||0 %|
|Homeworks||0 %||20 %||0 %||0 %|
|Attendance||0 %||10 %||0 %||0 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||30 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||20 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||100 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Measurements in the production processes, Assembling the transducers in the measurement chain, Sensor characteristics, Adjustment of measuring signals
- Displacement, deflection and angle, vibration, force and strain measuring sensors.
- Incremental optical and capacitive sensors. Resistance, capacitance and inductive sensors with digital output.
- Measurement of torque, RPM, speed and acceleration.
- Infrared sensors for measuring temperature and displacements. Piezoelectric and Peltier elements. Measurement of air and gass flow (air-flow and mass air-flow sensor) by means of heat wire.
- MEMS i NEMS transducers (micro and nano electro-mechanical systems).
- Apllying measuring amplifiers under conditions of high accuracy; controlled and remotely operated amplifiers, differential and instrumentation amplifiers, highly accurate operating amplifiers (low-noising, with low-voltage and low-current offsets and drifts, with the high input resistances).
- Midterm exam
- Regulators. Time-marking and time-operating components and arrangements.
- Composing transducers within the measuring system; refering to the signal processing and data transfer to the control-operation area, extracting disturbances and errors.
- Fundamentals of inteligent measurements.
- Remote control and visualization of measuring and process quantities (SCADA systems).
- Distributed measurement systems.
- Software for measurement systems
- Final exam