Laboratory of Electronic and Computer Engineering 2
Ability to design, develop, test, evaluate and document an instrumentation system. Skills in programming within Matlab environment, especially using Simulink toolbox. Ability to analyze, model and simulate behavior of data transmission systems. Practical knowledge about lower layers of communication systems.
- analyze impacts of imperfections of the analog components and noise on the accuracy of the measurement channel
- develop electronic measurement systems for measurement of very low DC voltages
- develop electronic measurement system for measurement of very low AC voltages
- combine methods for signal extraction from noise
- analyze the effects of real-world parameters of analog subsystems in communication systems
- develop various parts of communication systems, for example filters, Hilbert transformers, multipliers, decimators, interpolators, modulators and demodulators, frequency synthesizers
- develop behavioral model of software defined radio receiver in Matlab environment
- assemble implementation models of software defined radio receivers on platforms containing DSP processors or application specific integrated circuits (ASIC)
Forms of Teaching
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||0 %||50 %||0 %||0 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||25 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||25 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- LabVIEW, low DC voltage measurement.
- Voltage references.
- Auto-zero amplifiers, chopper amplifiers.
- Programmable amplifiers.
- Wien oscillator, RMS value measurement.
- Lock-in amplifier, electroinductive method for flow maesurement.
- Midterm exam.
- Analysis of continuous-time signals using discrete Fourier transform. Design of filters with real and complex coefficients. Design of Hilbert transformers.
- Modulation of amplitude. Generation of complex envelope of amplitude modulated signals.
- Modulation of angle. Generation of complex envelope of phase and frequency modulated signals.
- Modelling of analog transmission systems in Matlab environment.
- Modelling of software defined radio receivers in Matlab environment.
- Digital communication systems. Baseband transmission of pulses. Performance measuring of transmission systems.
- Final exam.