Laboratory Calibration and Testing
Data is displayed for academic year: 2023./2024.
Metrology infrastructure (international, regional, national). Scientific, technical and legal metrology. Standards and standardisation (ISO, IEC, EN). Standard series 17000. Traceability of measurement result. Calibration and testing. Interlaboratory and key comparisons. Laboratory methods of measurement and analysis of influence quantities. Calibration and adjustment procedures. Validation of calibration procedures. Quantum metrology
[FER3-EN] Control Systems and Robotics - profileElective courses (2. semester)
[FER3-EN] Data Science - profileRecommended elective courses (2. semester)
[FER3-EN] Electrical Power Engineering - profileElective courses (2. semester)
- Describe metrology infrastructure (international, regional, national).
- Assess standards and understand standardization (ISO, IEC, EN)
- Analyze testing and calibration methods.
- Recognize the requirements of the standard series 17000.
- Develop plans for validation of calibration procedures.
- Appraise the level of accuracy and influence of quantum metrology.
Forms of Teaching
Lectures using modern methodsIndependent assignments
Study of the selected themes in metrologyLaboratory
Experiences from the good laboratory praxisWork with mentor
Leading of students
Week by Week Schedule
- Metrology infrastructure (international, regional, national)
- Scientific, technical and legal metrology
- Standards and standardisation (HRN, ISO, IEC, EN), Certification, accreditation and conformity assessment
- Standard series 17000
- Calibration and testing laboratories - organization and documentation
- Interlaboratory and key comparisons
- Fulfilment of technical and system requirements, Calibration and adjustment procedures
- Midterm exam
- Validation of calibration methods
- Measurement of DC and AC ratios
- Measurement of high Resistance
- Measurement of loss angle
- Measurement of phase angle and phase difference
- Quantum metrology, Superconductivity and quantum standards of electrical quantities
- Final exam
M.J.Allen, W.M. Yen (2002.), Introduction to Measurement Theory, Waveland Press, Inc.
J. Bucher (2012.), The Metrology Handbook, ASQ
BIPM (2012.), International vocabulary of basic and general terms in metrology (VIM), 3rd edition, JCGM 200:2012., BIPM
BIPM (2008.), Evaluation of measurement data – Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement, JCGM 100:2008., BIPM
V. Bego (2003.), Mjerenja u elektrotehnici, Graphis, Zagreb
B.E. Cooper (2014.), Statistics for experimentalists, Pergamon Press
J. Hedderich, L. Sachs (2018.), Angewandte Statistik: Methodensammlung mit R, Springer
J.R. Taylor (1997.), An introduction to error analysis, University Science Books, Sausalito, CA
D.C. Montgomery (2006.), Design and Analysis of Experiments (5th Edition), Wiley
L1 English Level
13 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory
73 Very Good