Interactive Computer Graphics
- define concepts of contemporary graphics hardware
- apply mathematics, physics and computer programming to computer graphics applications and problem solutions
- develop interactive graphics applications using graphics application programming interface
- develop applications that implement graphics primitives and demonstrate geometrical transformations
- explain principles of the 3D graphics rendering and modelling
- solve problems in 3D graphics and develop graphical applications
- evaluate the quality of graphical applications
Forms of Teaching
Week by Week Schedule
- Computer graphic pipeline; Raster graphics.
- Use of standard graphics APIs; Standard media formats.
- Graphic primitives; Basic geometric operations (intersection calculation and proximity tests).
- Animation and double buffering; Representations of graphic objects.
- Affine and coordinate system transformations.
- Bezier curves, spline curves, and surfaces.
- Parametric polynomial curves and surfaces; Implicit representation of curves and surfaces.
- Midterm exam.
- Ilumination models (local and global); Rendering in nature; Emission and scattering of light.
- Visibility and occlusion, including solutions to this problem; Occlusion culling.
- Shadow mapping.
- Ray tracing.
- Human visual systems including adaptation to light, sensitivity to noise, and flicker fusion.
- Texture mapping (including minification and magnification).
- Procedural models such as fractals, and L-systems; Final exam.
Computing (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Marko Čupić i Željka Mihajolović (2018.), Interaktivna računalna grafika kroz primjere u OpenGL-u”, Zavodska skripta (ažurirana i mijenjana izdanja), Zagreb, 2016. http://www.zemris.fer.hr/predmeti/irg/knjiga.pdf,
Eric Lengyel (2012.), Mathematics for 3D Game Programming and Computer Graphics, Third Edition, Cengage Learning
Tomas Akenine-Möller, Eric Haines, Naty Hoffman (2016.), Real-Time Rendering, Third Edition, CRC Press
L1 English Level
15 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory