Fundamentals of Mechatronics
Synergistic integration of technical mechanics, electronics, computer engineering and information technology. Demands on mechatronics components. Modeling of mechanical components for mechatronic applications, kinematics and dynamics equations of motion. Block structure of the microcomputer control unit with process I/O interface. Data acquisition, conversion and exchange between process and control unit. Translational and rotational electromechanical systems integration as an example of mechatronic system design. CAD tools application for modeling, control algorithms synthesis, simulation and real time control.
- define mechatronic system.
- explain holonomic and non-holonomic constraints in mechanical systems
- apply Lagrange formalism to mechanical system modeling.
- apply the bond graph method for modeling of mechatronic systems.
- explain the criteria for selection of the components in mechatronic systems
- apply PID control algorithm to the electromechanical system.
Forms of Teaching
Lectures are organized through 13 weeks with a weekly load of 3 hoursLaboratory
Laboratory exams are organized through 6 weeks (3 hours per week)
Week by Week Schedule
- Basic properties of a mechatronic system, Integration in mechatronic systems, Examples of mechatronic systems
- Newtonian mechanics
- Holonomic constraints in mechanical systems, Nonholonomic constraints in mechanical systems
- Lagrangian Equation
- Bond graphs, Analogies in mechatronic systems
- Modern software tools in modeling and simulation of mechatronic systems
- Electrical actuators
- Midterm exam
- Electrical actuators, MEMS actuators, Bionic actuators, Shape Memory Alloy (SMA) actuators
- Gears in mechatronic systems. Optimal selection of actuator/gear pair
- Sensors in mechatronic systems
- Input-output interface
- Basic requirements on control systems in mechatronics, PID controller structure, and its parametrization
- PID controller structure and its parametrization, Digital implemtation of PID controller
- Final exam
Computing (study)Free Elective Courses (5. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Free Elective Courses (5. semester)
(.), Understanding electro-mechanical engineering, an introduction to mechatronics, L.J.Kam, IEEE Press, 1996,
(.), Electromechanical systems, electric machines and applied mechatronics, S.E.Lishevski, CRC Press,
(.), Osnove mehatronike - predavanja, F. Kolonić, J. Matuško, FER, 2015,
L3 English Level
18 Laboratory exercises
75 Very Good