Fundamentals of Mechatronics
- define mechatronic system.
- explain holonomic and non-holonomic constraints in mechanical systems
- apply Lagrange formalism to mechanical system modeling.
- apply the bond graph method for modeling of mechatronic systems.
- explain the criteria for selection of the components in mechatronic systems
- apply PID control algorithm to the electromechanical system.
Forms of Teaching
Lectures are organized through 13 weeks with a weekly load of 3 lecturesLaboratory
Laboratory exams are organized through 6 weeks (3 hours per week)
Week by Week Schedule
- Basic properties of a mechatronic system; Integration in mechatronic systems; Examples of mechatronic systems.
- Newtonian mechanics.
- Holonomic constraints in mechanical systems; Nonholonomic constraints in mechanical systems.
- Lagrangian Equation.
- Bond graphs; Analogies in mechatronic systems.
- Modern software tools in modeling and simulation of mechatronic systems.
- Electrical actuators.
- Midterm exam.
- Electrical actuators; MEMS actuators; Bionic actuators; Shape Memory Alloy (SMA) actuators.
- Gears in mechatronic systems.
- Optimal selection of actuator/gear pair.
- Basic requirements on control systems in mechatronics; PID controller structure and its parametrization.
- PID controller structure and its parametrization; Digital implemtation of PID controller.
- Digital implemtation of PID controller.
- Final exam.
Computing (study)Elective Courses (5. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Elective Courses (5. semester)
(.), Understanding electro-mechanical engineering, an introduction to mechatronics, L.J.Kam, IEEE Press, 1996,
(.), Electromechanical systems, electric machines and applied mechatronics, S.E.Lishevski, CRC Press,
(.), Osnove mehatronike - predavanja, F. Kolonić, J. Matuško, FER, 2015,
L3 English Level
18 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory