Fundamentals of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
- explain the operating principles of an electric vehicle
- design basic elements of an electric vehicle (motor, batteries)
- explain safety requirements of electric vehicles
- analyze the consequences of electric vehicle monetary incentives
- prepare basic laboratory battery testing
- prepare basic laboratory electric motor testing
- analyze the impact of electric vehicles on the environment
- analyze the impact of electric vehicles on the power system
Forms of Teaching
Lectures will be carried out by a professor.Exercises
These will be conducted through solving numerical examples.Laboratory
There will be two laboratory exercises with smaller groups of students.
Week by Week Schedule
- Road Vehicles Physics ; Flying Vehicles Physics ; Ship Physics ; Railroad Vehicles Physics .
- Overview of Road Vehicles .
- Overview of Flying Vehicles ; Overview of Ship Physics ; Overview of Railroad Vehicles .
- Overview of Drive Systems ; Characteristics of Internal Combustion Engines .
- Characteristics of Electric Motors; Overview of Hybrid Drive Systems .
- Overview of Electric Drive Systems .
- Road Vehicles Safety Aspects ; Flying Vehicles Safety Aspects ; Ship Safety Aspects ; Railroad Vehicles Safety Aspects .
- Midterm exam.
- Overview of hybrid EV share and perspective in European Union and Croatia; Incentives for hybrid and EVs.
- Impact on emissions and comparison with ICE vehicles; Battery production issues.
- Battery production issues; Battery lifetime and recycling procedures.
- Supplying electricity to electric cars; Distribution network requirements.
- Range, energy consuption and cycle efficiency.
- Battery types and characteristics; Battery economy.
- Final exam.
Computing (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Iqbal Husain (2010.), Electric and Hybrid Vehicles: Design Fundamentals, Second Edition, CRC Press
Nikowitz, Michael (2016.), Advanced Hybrid and Electric Vehicles, Springer
L3 English Level
0 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory