Fundamentals of Electronics
- explain the operation of basic semiconductor devices
- analyze basic electronic amplifiers
- compare the amplifiers with different electronic devices
- analyze CMOS logic circuits
- apply operational amplifier in analog and digital circuits
- analyze of electronic circuits using electronic computers
Forms of Teaching
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||0 %||12 %||0 %||12 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||44 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||44 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||50 %|
|Exam: Oral||38 %|
Before final exam students must have completed all laboratory exercises.
Week by Week Schedule
- Application and importance of electronics; Introduction to amplifiers (gain, input and output resistance).
- Introduction to digital electronics; Intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors; Carrier concentrations, electrons and holes.
- Current flow in semiconductors (drift and diffusion current); Operating principle; Electrical characteristics.
- Small-signal model; Optoelectronic electron devices; Basic rectifier circuits.
- Structure and operating principle of MOSFET and JFET; Electrical characteristics.
- Electrical characteristics; Small-signal model.
- Definition and stabilization of bias operating point; Basic amplifier configurations: common source, common gate, common drain.
- Midterm exam.
- Basic amplifier configurations: common source, common gate, common drain; Calculation of gain, input and output resistances of basic amplifier configurations; Calculation of output voltage swing.
- Structure and operating principle of BJT; Electrical characteristics; Small-signal model.
- Definition and stabilization of bias operating point; Basic amplifier configurations: common emitter, common base, common collector; Calculation of gain, input and output resistances of basic amplifier configurations; Calculation of output voltage swing.
- Basic amplifier configurations: common emitter, common base, common collector; CMOS inverter; Combinational CMOS circuits; Sequential CMOS circuits.
- Inverters with bipolar transistors; Current switch with BJT and basic ECL circuit; Ideal OpAmp electrical characteristics.
- Basic amplifier configurations, integrator, differentiator; Differential and instrumentation amplifier; Comparators and multivibrators.
- Final exam.
Computing (study)Elective Courses (5. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Elective Courses (5. semester)
(.), Ž. Butković, J. Divković-Pukšec, A. Barić, Elektronika 1, Fakutet elektrotehnike i računarstva, Zagreb - interna skripta, 2016, FER
Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth Carless Smith (1998.), Microelectronic Circuits, New York : Oxford University Press
Richard Jaeger, Travis Blalock (2015.), Microelectronic Circuit Design, McGraw-Hill Higher Education
L3 English Level
12 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory
75 Very Good