Forecasting and Marketing of Telecommunication Services
Students will gain good knowledge of telecommunication market and services, service life cycle forecasting methods, as well as marketing approach in the telecommunication environment. Additionally, they will gain knowledge and skills qualifying them for development and application of service forecasting models. Finally, students will gain competences for participation in multidisciplinary market development projects involving technology and marketing experts.
- Analyze a telecommunication market.
- Predict telecommunication services' life cycle.
- Apply the qualitative and quantitative forecasting methods.
- Analyze new telecommunication services, existing services in changed market conditions, as well as the interaction of services.
- Apply a computer modelling in marketing management.
- Assess a customer behaviour.
- Develop statistical models for customer behaviour.
- Define the basic propositions of strategic management of telecommunication market.
Forms of Teaching
Lectures, with course material and presentation uploaded in advance on the web.Exams
Mid-term exam and final exam.Laboratory Work
Modeling and analyzing telecommunication indicators using the Microsoft Excel tool.Consultations
Regular weekly consultations.Acquisition of Skills
Searching the literature on forecasting and marketing of telecommunications services.Other Forms of Group and Self Study
Homeworks related to a relevant case studies.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||0 %||30 %||0 %||30 %|
|Class participation||0 %||5 %||0 %||5 %|
|Attendance||0 %||5 %||0 %||5 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||30 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||30 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||30 %|
|Exam: Oral||30 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Telecommunication market, participants, customers and service providers. Types of telecommunication services. Telecommunication market development, technological, regulatory and economic aspects. Reciprocity of information and communication technology development and market. Structural changes on the market.
- Basic and derived indicators of market development level. Market segmentation, defining total market capacity by segments.
- Telecommunication service life cycle.
- Qualitative forecasting methods and their application in telecommunications: assessment method, Delphi method, scenario method.
- Quantitative forecasting methods and their application in telecommunications, analytical and statistical models. Time series, causal methods, growth models.
- Forecasting the number of customers using growth indicator: growth rate, average annual growth rate, average annual growth rate with reduced impact of end points.
- Forecasting the number of customers using growth model: logistic model, defining parameters and uncertainty.
- Forecasting a new service by using logistic model, optimistic and pessimistic approach. Generalized logistic models and their application, Bass model, Richards model.
- Internet marketing. Search Engine Optimization. Pay Per Click/Impression. Social Media Marketing.
- Forecasting the growth of existing services. Interaction of services, competitive and complementary services.
- Modelling service price, forecasting models for revenue elements. Developing business cases.
- Marketing of telecommunication services: market segmentation, service features, price policy, promotion and distribution. Problem selection and research approach development.
- Data collection, analysis and computer modelling in marketing management.
- Customer behaviour, statistical models development.
- Basic propositions of strategic management of telecommunication market.