Enviromental Sustainability and Climate Change Mitigation
- Explain what is ecology, and what environmental protection
- Identify the fundamentals of environmental protection
- Describe the elements of the environment (soil, water, air ...) and recognize their protection measures
- Explain global environmental change
- Explain Climate Change
- Explain the concept of sustainable development
- Explain the principles of sustainable development
- Explain measures for mitigation and adoption to climate change
Forms of Teaching
Course lectures are organized through 2 study cycles. First cycle consists of 7 weeks of lectures and mid-term exam. Second cycle consists of 6 weeks of lectures and final exam. Lectures are held through total of 15 weeks with weekly load of 2 hours.Independent assignments
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Quizzes||50 %||18 %||50 %||18 %|
|Class participation||50 %||12 %||50 %||12 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||50 %||35 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||50 %||35 %|
|Exam: Written||50 %||70 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- The components of the environment and legislation to protect the environment.
- Environmental policy and climate change mitigation.
- Fundamentals of Environmental Economics and Policy.
- Air pollution and protection.
- Land pollution and protection.
- Water pollution and protection.
- Midterm exam.
- Waste and impact of landfills.
- Greenhouse gases and global warming.
- Ozone layer depletion.
- Impact on the environment; International agreements to protect the environment.
- Environmental Objectives & Principles of Environmental Protection; The subjects of environmental protection.
- The basic documents of Environmental Protection; Measures and environmental protection procedures; Economic instruments in environmental protection.
- Final exam.