EMI Protection of Communication Systems
Acquiring the knowledge in protection of radiocommunication system from jamming and interception.
- repeat parameters of communication systems
- explain electromagnetic properties of communication systems
- compute coupling between EM field and electronic equipment through apertures and via cables
- analyze guided and radiated interference
- design shielding of cables and communication equipment from EM fields
- evaluate measurement uncertainty of guided and radiated interference
Forms of Teaching
Lectrures are given with the use of powerpoint presentations published on the web pages. The lectures are organized through 2 cycles. The first cycle consists of 7 weeks of lectures and midterm, while other cycle has six weeks of lectures and final exam. The lectures are given in total of 15 weeks, two hours per week.Exams
One midterm exam.Consultations
Consultation term is determined on the first lecture in agreement with the students.Internship visits
One expert visit.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Attendance||0 %||10 %||0 %||0 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||40 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||40 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||10 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||90 %|
|Exam: Oral||10 %|
Students who have earned enough points to pass the exam do not have to take oral exam (they will get 0 points in that case).
Week by Week Schedule
- Parameters of the radiocommunication system.
- Electromagnetic Spectrum in communications. Electromagnetic properties of communication systems.
- Expert visit.
- Electromagnetic interference.
- Filters for interference reduction.
- Signal detection.
- EM field coupling through cable.
- EM field coupling through apertures.
- Cable shielding from EM field.
- Communication equipment shielding from EM fields.
- Grounding and bonding.
- Conducted and radiated interference.
- Radiated interference testing. Measurement uncertainty.
- Final exam.