- Define physical basics of light.
- Define physical and light radiation related quantities and units.
- Describe principle of working of: incandescent lamp, fluorescent Lamp, LED/OLED and new technologies.
- Describe construction properties of indoor and outdoor luminaries.
- Define basic methods and standards for designing lighting.
- Present and describe examples of lighting design.
- Define costs of lighting system ownership (TCO) and ways of accruing savings.
- Define legal framework and environmental protection.
- Describe how to work in software tools for calculation and simulation of lighting in space.
Forms of Teaching
Work with mentor
Work with mentor
Week by Week Schedule
- Light and Electromagnetic Radiation; Defining Light; The â€œVisibleâ€ Spectrum.
- Basic Radiometric and Photometric Quantities; Basic Radiometric and Photometric Measurement; Lambertian Emission and Reflection - The Inverse Square Law, Lambert’s Cosine Law.
- Incandescent Lamps; Discharge Lamps.
- LEDs (Light-Emitting Diodes) and OLEDs (organic LEDs).
- Electric Lamp Designs; Lamp Efficacies.
- Photometric Lamp Characteristc; Electrical ballast (resistive, reactive and electronic), starters and other devices.
- Methods for Calculation Photometric Quantities.
- Midterm exam.
- Lighting Design Criteria; Energy Considerations.
- Methods for Calculation Photometric Quantities; Reflection in Exterior Lighting Design.
- Smart lighting design; Passive solar lighting design (daylighting).
- Lighting Design Criteria; Efficiency and economics of lighting.
- Light planning; Energy evaluation.
- Ray tracing and photometric lighting calculation.
- Final exam.
Computing (study)Elective Courses (5. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Elective Courses (5. semester)
Electrical Power Engineering (profile)Recommended elective courses (3. semester)
(.), Električna rasvjeta - transparencije s predavanja; Krajcar, Šribar; FER; 2011; ISBN: -,
(.), Cestovna rasvjeta; Eduard Širola; -; 1997; ISBN: 953-96481-6-5,
(.), Norma za projektiranje unutarnjih radnih prostora (EN 12464-1),
(.), Norma za projektiranje vanjskih radnih prostora (EN 12464-2),
(.), Norma za projektiranje prometnica (EN 13201) ,
L3 English Level
13 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory