- Define physical basics of light.
- Define physical and light radiation related quantities and units.
- Describe principle of working of: incandescent lamp, fluorescent Lamp, LED/OLED and new technologies.
- Describe construction properties of indoor and outdoor luminaries.
- Define basic methods and standards for designing lighting.
- Present and describe examples of lighting design.
- Define costs of lighting system ownership (TCO) and ways of accruing savings.
- Define legal framework and environmental protection.
- Describe how to work in software tools for calculation and simulation of lighting in space.
Forms of Teaching
Work with mentor
Work with mentor
Week by Week Schedule
- Light and Electromagnetic Radiation, Defining Light, The â€œVisibleâ€ Spectrum
- Basic Radiometric and Photometric Quantities, Basic Radiometric and Photometric Measurement, Lambertian Emission and Reflection - The Inverse Square Law, Lambert’s Cosine Law
- Incandescent Lamps, Discharge Lamps
- LEDs (Light-Emitting Diodes) and OLEDs (organic LEDs)
- Electric Lamp Designs, Lamp Efficacies
- Photometric Lamp Characteristc, Electrical ballast (resistive, reactive and electronic), starters and other devices
- Methods for Calculation Photometric Quantities
- Midterm exam
- Lighting Design Criteria, Energy Considerations
- Methods for Calculation Photometric Quantities, Reflection in Exterior Lighting Design
- Smart lighting design, Passive solar lighting design (daylighting)
- Lighting Design Criteria, Efficiency and economics of lighting
- Light planning, Energy evaluation
- Ray tracing and photometric lighting calculation
- Final exam
Computing (study)Elective Courses (5. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Elective Courses (5. semester)
(.), Električna rasvjeta - transparencije s predavanja; Krajcar, Šribar; FER; 2011; ISBN: -,
(.), Cestovna rasvjeta; Eduard Širola; -; 1997; ISBN: 953-96481-6-5,
(.), Norma za projektiranje unutarnjih radnih prostora (EN 12464-1),
(.), Norma za projektiranje vanjskih radnih prostora (EN 12464-2),
(.), Norma za projektiranje prometnica (EN 13201) ,
L3 English Level
13 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory