- Explain the basics laws of electromagnetism (Coulomb, Gauss, Biot-Savart and Faraday)
- Apply the basic laws of electromagnetism to solve electromagnetic fields problems
- Classify problems in electromagnetics to static electric, static magnetic, static current and time-varying problems
- Recognize advantages of application of numerical methods to problems in electromagnetics
- Apply computations of electromagnetic fields, inductances and capacitances to real-world problems
- Describe the basic principles of electromechanical energy converison
- Explain relation between electromagnetic fields and elements of electric circuits
- Analyze energy transfer and storage in electromagnetic fields
Forms of Teaching
Involment in lecturesIndependent assignments
preparing for lab classes, homeworkLaboratory
Laboratory workWork with mentor
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||0 %||10 %||0 %||10 %|
|Quizzes||0 %||6 %||0 %||6 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||30 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||30 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||24 %|
|Exam: Written||24 %||60 %|
|Exam: Oral||24 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Conservation of electric charge; Lorentz force; Electric field strength and magnetic induction; Macroscopic approach; Sources of electromagnetic field; Continuity equation.
- Coulomb's law; Electric flux; Gauss's law; Biot-Savart law; Gauss's law in magnetic field; Ampere's circuital law; Faraday's law; Maxwell's equations in differential and integral form.
- Boundary conditions; Generalised Ampere's circuital law; Displacement current; Maxwell's equations in differential and integral form; Energy and power flow; Poynting's theorem.
- Electric potential; Relationship between electric field and potential; Visualization of electric field; Polarization; Density of electric flux and permittivity; Energy stored in electric field; Capacitance and condensers; Forces in electric field.
- Laplace's and Poisson's equation for electric potential; Method of images; Charge in uniform motion; Equations of static current field; Boundary conditions; Ohm's law and Joule's law; Resistance; Electromotive force; Kirchhoff's laws and field equations; Method of images in current field.
- Force on current in magnetic field; Magnetic flux; Gauss's law in magnetic field; Magnetization; Magnetic field strength and permeability; Types of magnetic materials; Energy stored in magnetic field; Inductance and mutual inductance; Forces in magnetic field; Magnetic circuits.
- Phasors; Maxwell's equations an equations of potentials in phasor domain; Mean energy and power; Poynting's theorem for mean values.
- Midterm exam.
- Skin effect and depth of penetration.
- Lenz's law; Induced voltages; Applications (transformers; Generators).
- Equations of plane wave; Fundamental characteristics of wave (wave impedance, wavelength, phase constant, phase velocity); Waves in lossless materials.
- Waves in lossless materials.
- Waves in lossy materials.
- Waves in lossy materials.
- Final exam.
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)(5. semester)
Sead Berberović, Martin Dadić (2010.), Elektromagnetska polja - Elektrostatika,
Željko Štih, Bojan Trkulja (2010.), Elektromagnetska polja - Magnetostatika,
Bojan Trkulja (.), Elektromagnetska polja - zadaci za vježbu,
Z. Haznadar, Ž. Štih (1997.), Elektromagnetizam I, Školska knjiga
Z. Haznadar, Ž. Štih (1997.), Elektromagnetizam II, Školska knjiga
S. Berberović (1998.), Teorijska elektrotehnika - odabrani primjeri, Graphis
Z. Haznadar, Ž. Štih (2000.), Electromagnetic Fields, Waves and Numerical Methods, IOS Press
S.V. Marshall, G.G. Skitek (1990.), Electromagnetic Concepts and Applications, Prentice-Hall
W.H. Hayt (1988.), Engineering Electromagnetics, McGraw Hill
Dadić, Martin (2013.), Elektromagnetska polja - laboratorijske vježbe, Merkur A.B.D
S. Berberović, Ž. Štih, B. Trkulja (2010.), Elektromagnetska polja - Vremenski promjenjiva EM polja,