- Define real electrical component and circuit models.
- Apply physical laws and mathematical tools for solving el. circuit problems.
- Use Laplace transform in electrical circuita.
- Solve electrical circuit using loop, node and state equations.
- Calculate imitances, transfer functions and characteristic frequencies.
- Develop passive RLC two-poles.
- Analyze electrical circuit in time and frequency domains.
- Analyze and create simple one-, two-ports and electrical filters.
- Analyze transmission lines and signal transfer.
Forms of Teaching
Material is tought using Power point presentation and blackboard. Lectures are organized together with laboratory exercises. Lectures also include auditory excercises. Using Moodle system students also solve domestic exercises.Laboratory
The goal is to introduce electrical components and present measurement equipment and measurement procedures. Individual practical experience in laboratory in applying the concepts that are taught in lectures.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||0 %||15 %||0 %||15 %|
|Homeworks||0 %||8 %||0 %||8 %|
|Seminar/Project||0 %||2 %||0 %||2 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||35 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||40 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||75 %|
o pass the exam, a student must: -have a minimum of 50% of the points from the middle and final exams, -have a minimum of 50% of the total points, -must complete all 6 laboratory exercises. Possible changes in scoring and grading will be announced on the first lecture.
Week by Week Schedule
- Passive elements: resistors, capacitors, inductors, Modelling of circuit elements: lumped and distributed
- Kirchhoffs laws, Network transformations: source and immitance transformations, Circuit theorems: superposition, reciprocity, substitution, Tellegen's
- Active elements: dependent and independent sources, OA, OTA, CCII, CFOA
- Loops, nodes, modified-nodes equations, Circuit equations in Laplace domain
- Graphs and networks: nodes, loops, cut-sets, Basics of signal-flow graphs
- Time and frequency domain equations, Sinusoidal steady-state equations
- Transfer function, Immitance function
- Midterm exam
- Frequency response: gain and phase, Bode plots
- Single-port circuit synthesis, Properties of RC, RL, and LC immitances
- Two-port parameters: impedance, admittance, hybrid, transmission, image parameters, Relationships between parameters, Interconnection of two-port circuits
- Passive RC and RLC filters, Active RC filters
- Current-mode filters, Primary parameters and transmission parameters
- Time and space distribution, Reflections
- Final exam