Electronic Equipment Design
Good understanding of electronic equipment and systems design principles with particular emphasis to manufacturing in industrial environment. Good knowledge of the process of transforming schematic diagrams into final equipment design and generation of proper technical documentation related to production. Practical skills in using standard simulation and design software. Ability to understand datasheets used to characterize real electronic and electromechanical components. Extensive knowledge about design rules for PCB engineering. Good understanding of electromagnetic interference sources and methods of their suppression. Deep understanding of heat transfer principles and design of heatsinks. Ability to design and implement overvoltage and overcurrent protection circuits in compliance with related standards. Basic understanding of regulations and standards for manufacturing and testing of the equipment.
- explain electronic equipment and systems design principles and give examples electronic systems manufacturing in industrial environment
- analyze and compare characteristics of electronic components, their equivalent circuits, life cycle and realibility
- calculate characteristics of power supplies for electronic equipment and systems
- design printed circuit boards layout and manufacturing. Electronic components interconnection.
- calculate heat transfer: natural and forced convection, heatsink design.
- design overcurrent and overvoltage protection. Electromagnetic compatibility.
- explain regulations and standards. Technical documentation. Quality management. Examples.
Forms of Teaching
Other Forms of Group and Self Study
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||0 %||15 %||0 %||15 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||25 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||25 %|
|Final Exam: Oral||35 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||50 %|
|Exam: Oral||35 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Introduction. Electronic equipment and systems design principles.
- Electronic systems manufacturing in industrial environment.
- Life-cycle and reliability.
- Characteristics of electronic components, their equivalent circuits, standard components' notation and packaging.
- Characteristics of power supplies for electronic equipment and systems. Printed circuit boards layout and manufacturing.
- Printed circuit boards layout and manufacturing. Electronic components interconnection.
- Examples and exercises
- Testing - written midterm exam
- Heat transfer: natural and forced convection, heatsink design.
- Overcurrent and overvoltage protection.
- Electromagnetic compatibility.
- Regulations and standards
- Technical documentation. Quality management.
- Examples and exercises
- Testing - final exam, written and oral