Energy and Socio-economic Development
History of energy use. Structure of energy consumption. The link between energy intensity and economic development. The impact of the structure of energy consumption on society and the economy. The role of energy sources in certain sectors of human activity. Energy coupling of different sectors based on the use of more available energy sources. Energy transition. Energy security, locally and globally. Energy independence of a country or region. European Union Strategies in the Field of Energy and Climate and the Croatian NECP.
- Explain changes in the pattern of energy use throughout history.
- Explain the link between energy intensity and economic development.
- Understand complementary and suplementary relationships between energy sources.
- Explain the importance of individual energy sources in the most important sectors.
- Understand the concept of energy coupling of different sectors.
- Explain the process of energy transition.
- Understand the impact of energy transition on the economy and society.
- Explain the foundations of the organization and functioning of the European Union strategy in the field of energy and climate and the Croatian NECP.
Forms of Teaching
Seminars and workshops
Seminars and workshops
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Seminar/Project||0 %||25 %||0 %||25 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||40 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||35 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||75 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- The use of energy throughout history and the accompanying development of civilization.
- Presentation of historical statistics on energy usage.
- General projections of energy use in the future.
- The link between energy intensity and economic development of the country, the region and society in general.
- Development of transport infrastructure based on the development of technologies for the use of energy resources.
- Industrial revolution and relation to energy usage.
- Use of energy in the public and service sectors, industry and the household sector.
- Historical trend of energy mix changing in the power sector.
- Public and nuclear energy and radioactivity.
- The role of energy in other sectors and energy coupling of different sectors.
- Energy transition and it's impact on the economy and society.
- Energy security and independence.
- European Union Strategies in the Field of Energy and Climate and the Croatian NECP.
- Final exam.
[FER3-HR] Computing - studyTransversal Courses (4. semester) (6. semester) Transversal Courses (4. semester) (6. semester) Transversal Courses (2. semester)
MINGOR (.), Energija u Republici Hrvatskoj,
BP (.), Statistical Review of World Energy; Energy Outlook,
IEA (.), World Energy Outlook,
Dahl, Carol A. (2008.), Međunarodna tržišta energije, Kigen
De Paoli, Luigi (2007.), Ekonomija i politika proizvodnje električne energije : razlozi i kriteriji javne potpore obnovljivim izvorima energije i Protokol iz Kyota, Kigen
Feretić, Danilo et. (2000.), Elektrane i okoliš, Element,
Hughes, Barry B. (1985.), Energy in the global arena : actors, values, policies and futures, Duke University Press, Durham
Gelo, Tomislav (2010.), Makroekonomika energetskog tržišta, Politička kultura
L0 English Level
0 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory
75 Very Good