Economy and Ecology of Wireless Systems
- explain economic processes fundamental to radio communication industires
- define main tools for monitoring radio communication business
- express electromagnetic frequency management issues
- describe existing legislative process and documents
- estimate effects of EM fields on humans
- compare dosimetry methods
Forms of Teaching
Lectures will be held in three cycles of two hours per week in the Department Seminary.Exercises
Auditorial exercises will be hely in three cycles of one hour per week in the Department Seminary.
Week by Week Schedule
- History of wireless markets; Intellectual property issues of wireless products and services; Natural monopolies.
- Ownership structure and competition in wireless businesses; Marketing of wireless products and services; Financial indicators for wireless products and services .
- Competitive market forces model; Mergers and acquisition and strategic partnerships; Market positioning of wireless products.
- Financial leverage and growth issues; Basics of organizational structures for wireless businesses; Basics of finance and accounting for wireless businesses; Corporate governance issues.
- Midterm exam.
- Standards and regulation; Electromagnetic smog.
- Dosimetric quantities in different frequency ranges; Basic restrictions and reference levels.
- Midterm exam; Specific absorption rate (calculation and measurement).
- Human body phantoms; Protection from exposure to electromagnetic fields.
- Midterm exam.
- Exposimetry; Dosimetry.
- Biological effects; Numerical dosimetry in near and far field.
- Dielectric properties of biological material; Thermoregulation; Exposure parameters and scaling.
- Effects of exposure to electromagnetic fields (static fields, ELF, MF and RF fields); Effects of exposure to electromagnetic fields on test organisms.
- Final exam.
Computing (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (study)Elective Courses (6. semester)
Krešimir Malarić, Dina Šimunić, Radovan Zentner (2016.), Ekonomija i ekologija radiokomunikacijskih sustava,
Harald Gruber (2005.), The Economics of Mobile Telecommunications, Cambridge University Press
Damijan Miklavčič, BJon Klauenberg (2001.), Radio Frequency Radiation Dosimetry, Springer
Sol M. Michaelson, James C. Lin (1987.), Biological Effects and Health Implications of Radiofrequency Radiation, Springer Science & Business Media
L3 English Level
0 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory