Economy and Ecology of Wireless Systems
Familiarizing with economy of the mobile communications. Understanding the market of electronic communications. Wireless services in market. The allocation and management of frequency spectrum. The influence of low and high frequency electromagnetic fields on humans, animals and plants.
- explain economic processes fundamental to radio communication industires
- describe main tools for monitoring radio communication business
- explain electromagnetic frequency management issues
- describe existing legislative process and documents
- estimate effects of EM fields on humans
- describe dosimetry methods
Forms of Teaching
Lectrures are given with the use of powerpoint presentations published on the web pages. The lectures are organized through 3 cycles. The first cycle consists of 4 weeks of lectures and 1st midter. econd cycle has 4 weeks of lectures and 2nd midterm, while 3rd cycle has 4 weeks of lectures and final exam. The lectures are given in total of 15 weeks, two hours per week.Exams
Two midterm exams.Consultations
Consultation term is determined on the first lecture in agreement with the students.
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Homeworks||0 %||15 %||0 %||0 %|
|Attendance||0 %||10 %||0 %||0 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||25 %||0 %|
|2. Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||25 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||25 %|
|Exam: Written||0 %||100 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Economic Phenomenon of Mobile Communications.
- Big Corporations, monopolies and market forces
- Position of Radio Communications in Analysis of Markt Forces on Electronic Communications Maket
- Market Niches of Radio Communications. Wireless services portfolio, Value Added Services
- Electromagnetic spectrum management.
- Legislative acts in telecommunications and electromagnetic fields protection.
- Interaction of electromagnetic field and human body.
- Exposimetry of electromagnetic fields - Introduction. Exposimetry of electromagnetic fields - Measurement methods.
- Dosimetry of electromagnetic fields.
- Biological material. Effects of EM fields on humans.
- Influence of electromagnetic fields on animals and plants.
- Human protection from electromagnetic fields.
- Final exam