Forms of Teaching
At a lecture students and the lecturer discuss the subject for which they have prepared through research and preparatory homework. Posting questions and answers via AuResS system students actively contribute to the lecture and their learning. The teacher helps the formation of conclusions, lays out the theoretical basis, provides guidance for the application of new knowledge and give guidelines for further independent learning. If necessary, the teacher explains the homework following the lecture.Seminars and workshops
The seminar work in the form of a two-minute video presentation on a given topic.Independent assignments
Class preparation assignments
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Homeworks||50 %||25 %||50 %||40 %|
|Quizzes||50 %||10 %||0 %||10 %|
|Class participation||50 %||15 %||0 %||0 %|
|Seminar/Project||50 %||30 %||50 %||30 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||0 %||1 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||0 %||19 %|
|Exam: Written||50 %||20 %|
When completing the course with continuous assessment/learning::
- Quizzes in the table above refer to class preparation assignments available on Moodle, which are worth 10 course credit points and have a 50% passing threshold, and homework quizzes available on Moodle, which are worth 10 course credit points and have a 50% passing threshold.
- Achieving the 50% threshold in each activity type as well as at least 60 course points in total are course passing prerequisites.
- Course credit achieved in the category Quizzes (as defined above) is scaled to a maximum of 10% of the total number of points. There is no threshold for this category and no way to make up for unachieved points.
- If above the 50% threshold, the assignment credit achieved on the final project is copied to the exam period. Otherwise or if a student wants to improve their result, they can improve it and submit it again.
- Assignment credit achieved i the category of Homework is scaled to a maximum of 40% of the total number of points. A student can improve and re-submit any included homework if they want. Aside from the 50% passing threshold, additional precondition for passing the course is >0 assignment credit for each of the homework assignments in this category.
- For any activity that a student submits in the exam period the assignment credit they achieved during continuous assessment is deleted and the new credit that they achieve is relevant.
Week by Week Schedule
- Introduction, active learning methods, learning styles
- Listening, speaking, conflicts
- Resume and cover letter
- Negotiating, meetings, personalities
- Delivering presentations
- Midterm exam
- Scientific, professional, and popular writing
- Web search and evaluation of information
- Photography and videography
- Students' presentations - pitching
- Cultural differences and etiquete
- Final exam