Data is displayed for academic year: 2023./2024.
The goal of the course is to introduce students to computer security and to give them overview of the problems as well as the solutions used in this area. The goal is also to teach students to think about security so that in their professional work they will design, build and maintain secure systems.
[FER3-EN] Computing - study(6. semester)
- explain basic terms and concepts in computer security
- describe types of security threats and attacks and most common defense mechanisms
- describe the properties of most common cryptographic primitives
- explain the role of the public key infrastructure and the TLS protocol
- apply basic concepts of defensive programming
- describe basic principles of digital forensics
- implement an simple exploit of a vulnerable system
Forms of Teaching
|Type||Threshold||Percent of Grade||Threshold||Percent of Grade|
|Laboratory Exercises||20 %||20 %||20 %||20 %|
|Mid Term Exam: Written||40 %||40 %||0 %|
|Final Exam: Written||40 %||40 %|
|Exam: Written||50 %||70 %|
|Exam: Oral||10 %|
Week by Week Schedule
- Introduction. Basic concepts and introduction into security.
- Introduction to cryptography. Classical cryptography. Symmetrical ciphers and AES.
- Modes of encryption. Stream ciphers. Cryptanalysis of block ciphers. Hash functions and message integrity codes. Asymmetric ciphers.
- Vulnerabilities. Threats and threat sources.
- Threats and threat sources. Malware.
- Access control. Software security.
- Operating systems security. Web security.
- Midterm exam
- Software security. Network Security.
- Network security.
- Network security.
- Overview of other areas of security.
- What's next.
- AMA (Ask me anything predavanje).
- Final exam
Paul C. van Oorschot (2021.), Computer Security and the Internet: Tools and Jewels from Malware to Bitcoin, http://people.scs.carleton.ca/~paulv/toolsjewels.html, Springer
Harold F. Tipton, Micki Krause Nozaki (2016.), Information Security Management Handbook, Volume 6, CRC Press
L0 English Level
12 Laboratory exercises
0 Project laboratory
75 Very Good